Executive Assistant at Coursera
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 92 million registered learners as of Sept. 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to be part of an impactful group that keeps our executives well supported. This is a high-visibility role that requires a strong attention to detail, flexibility, keen insight and resourcefulness, and the ability to multi-task and juggle projects with aggressive deadlines. You will support an Executive Officer; in addition, you will interact with all individuals across Coursera — if you’re looking for a truly cross-functional and impactful role, this would be it!
- Support C-Level and Vice President-level Executive Team Members with calendaring, meeting prioritization, planning and coordinating off-site meetings and team events, booking travel and accommodations; attending team meetings as requested, and other tasks as assigned by the Executive(s).
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all forms of communication (email, Slack, text, verbal, phone)
- Correspondence and scheduling with internal and external contacts
- Be a gatekeeper to ensure the best use of time for Executives
- Use clear, deliberate, consistent judgment in decision making
- Highly autonomous. Must be able to make decisions and work independently with little to no supervision. Not just a task executor.
- 5+ years in an executive support role for a company with 100+ employees, project management, and event planning.
- Experience handling highly confidential information.
- Proactive, with attention to detail, organizational skills, dependability, and follow-through
- Clear written and verbal communicator with internal employees and external vendors and contacts
- Highly adaptable in a fast-paced, high-tech environment, with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize and complete assignments quickly
- Approachable, resourceful, a creative problem-solver, quick on your feet, out-of-the-box thinker
- Maturity and confidence when dealing with executives at the highest level in the company
- Experience using Google Suite in an office environment. Experience with Expensify, Slack, Zoom a plus.
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.