Executive Assistant at Relay Graduate School of Education - RGSE
Executive Assistant, Professional Education
- Flexible within the US
- Level: B
- Type: Full-Time
- Start Date: June 2021
- Location: Flexible Location
At Relay, we know that great schools require great leaders. To this end, Relay is deeply committed to developing school leaders with the skills and mindsets to lead their students to academic and character success. The Executive Assistant, Professional Education is a unique and challenging opportunity to influence this work.
The Executive Assistant will work closely with Relay GSE’s Leadership and Professional Education Senior Team on a myriad of team initiatives and, more broadly, will be exposed to a broad variety of education reform issues. Individuals must possess exceptional organizational, writing, and research skills and a serious passion for improving public education, particularly for low-income students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Provost, Vice Provost of National Programs, Vice Provost of Regional Leadership Programs, and Managing Director of Professional Education’s daily and weekly calendars, ensuring all meetings are well-planned and well-organized
- Research and plan the logistics of the Senior Team’s national and global travel
- Manage regular communications with external parties for the Provost and act as a representative of the Senior Team in all interactions
- Communicate regularly with the Senior Team regarding all meetings and priorities as needed
- Manage the Senior Team’s Relay GSE finance-related tasks including receipt collection, credit card reconciliation, and other financial bookkeeping, as necessary
- Take notes during and prepare summaries following key internal and external meetings
- Undertake substantive research and writing projects on behalf of the Senior Team, including program guides, grant applications, and program proposals
- Compile weekly newsletter for team members
- Act as the project coordinator for and support the logistics of in-person team meetings
- Demonstrate accountability for smooth operations, ensuring all tasks for the Senior Team are completed on time
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned
First and foremost, the Executive Assistant, Professional Education must share the Relay community’s commitment to working together to improve student growth and achievement through phenomenal teacher and leader preparation & training grounded in diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. Additionally, for this position we’re looking for candidates that possess a combination of the following skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Four plus years of professional experience (with at least two years in a related capacity)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (for both formal prose and informal correspondence)
- A demonstrated passion for education and closing the opportunity gap
- An ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- A high level of energy, positivity, optimism, and humor
- Authorized to work in the United States
Relay is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community, culture, and practices. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We are committed to continual growth and we encourage you to apply if you meet a majority of the qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory and interests.
Relay’s compensation philosophy is to pay competitively for the education nonprofit market and ensure equity across the institution. The salary range for this role is $55,000 to $80,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors including their region’s cost of labor, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside the range shown.
Relay offers a comprehensive total rewards package. For full-time roles, this includes health insurance benefits, disability and life insurance, retirement plan, professional development, gym reimbursement, adoption assistance, paid time off (PTO), parental leave, etc.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!