Executive Assistant at Genius
Genius is seeking a resourceful and highly-organized Executive Assistant to support both our CEO and President. The ideal candidate for this position would be meticulous, discreet, proactive and forward-thinking, and this candidate should be adept at working with different personality types and leadership styles.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who considers themselves a career EA to become an integral part of one of NYC’s most exciting music startups.
Genius celebrates More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
We champion curiosity and believe that everyone has music knowledge to share: insights, intel, and musings that make us more informed, engaged music lovers.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words.
With more than 100 million global users, 2 million contributors, and 9 million YouTube subscribers, Genius is the world’s biggest music encyclopedia—a destination for artists, creatives, and superfans to discuss and deconstruct all things music.
To learn more, check out our sizzle and follow us on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and YouTube
- Support the CEO and the President of Genius:
- Manage calendars including scheduling appointments, confirming meetings, booking travel, help to prioritize requests and projects, etc.
- Coordinate team meetings: prepare agendas, pre-review documents, take notes, and organize follow-up items
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO and President to keep them informed of top priorities, upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provide a “gatekeeper” role, ensuring their time is spent with the right people.
- Manage external contacts, strategically coordinate meetings, draft emails.
- Keep track of deliverables owed to them and help with follow up.
- Provide a bridge of smooth communication between them and the executive team.
- Process monthly expenses, receive and handle confidential information, and maintain confidentiality of private and sensitive information.
- Anticipate needs in advance of meetings, conferences, speaking engagements, and panels.
- Light personal assistance.
- Events, projects and improvements across the company:
- Schedule meetings with clients, book restaurants or venues for meetings and events, order client gifts and manage shipping of gifts and merchandise, track down receipts, etc.
- Work with administrative assistants to develop and maintain processes to help improve day-to-day scheduling and administrative functions.
- Schedule and book company-wide meetings and departmental events as requested.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of EA or administrative assistance experience, preferably with experience in supporting multiple individuals
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Capable of handling confidential information with discretion and sensitivity
- A mastery of Google Calendar and Google Apps Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Flexible to work in the evenings and on weekends as necessary
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!