Executive Assistant at Percona
REMOTE US /
ADMINISTRATION – CEO
This is a remote role that will be US-based.
If you are driven by working in a dynamic global environment where you’ll discover the value of impactful contributions…Percona may just be your next home to learn, contribute, work hard and have a little fun. At Percona, you’ll discover team members as being talented, driven, globally aware, entrepreneurial individuals who are flexible in a fast-paced environment and who bring a sense of pride and humility to a unique culture. We are growing in an open source focused technology company where we make the complex simple for our clients as it pertains to their database environments.
We are a remote-first company with staff spread across 40+ countries. The fabric that binds us is our passion and our individualized impact to a truly unique culture.
The Executive Assistant will keep our President’s itinerary organized and optimized to ensure the executive team can remain focused on the right things. Directly supporting our President and providing cursory support to the rest of the executive team, the executive assistant is driven by keeping the train on the tracks and bringing a sense of calming organization to a sometimes chaotic fast-paced environment. Anticipating needs and being approachable and diplomatic, while operating with a project manager mindset is what makes this position so important. The ideal individual has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
What You Will Do:
- Set up, organize, and maintain multiple calendars while identifying moments where scheduling difficulties become blockers for others and manage appropriately by discovering solutions
- Organize company-wide meetings that includes ensuring the agenda is set, materials prepared, attendees invited, and post-meeting follow-up
- Prepare Powerpoint and Google Slides presentations
- Attend select meetings, including the Executive Management Team’s quarterly onsite, and take minutes, track action items,
- and drive actions within broader teams to achieve established goals – remind, reinforce, and help facilitate priority-shifting discussions Operate as a travel manager as needed – help with travel arrangements, secure meeting spaces, coordinate with venue event managers, and showcase creativity when identifying and arranging entertainment
- Collaboratively connect with the broader executive team to remind them of promises made and be the executive representative for the President
- Manage the high-level objective and goal setting documentation, maintenance, and update process
- Be organized by maintaining documents, notes, and updating various systems
- Ensure administrative tasks are handled proactively and professionally for the President and, on occasion, other executives
- Function as the ‘go-to’ person for the President; liaise with other departments as needed
- Manage up by guiding executives to get out of the administrative weeds and remaining aware of general sentiment
- Remain aware of global events that may be impacting our staff and work closely with the President, the executive team, and Global HR to determine if any action is necessary
- Be the President’s voice in terms of recognizing special life and work events
- Take on special projects as needed
- 5+ years of progressive administrative experience with at least two years supporting C-level executives ideally in a technology-focused business
- Experience working with colleagues in various global locations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities, quickly prioritize workload and adjust accordingly
- Confident, outgoing and approachable
- Able to work well with and instill confidence in others at all levels within the organization
- Solid experience working with Powerpoint/Google Slides
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly
- Professional, flexible approach and service-driven attitude
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing, deadline-driven environment
- Able and willing to occasionally work extended hours or within different time zones
- Able and willing to occasionally travel quarterly
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!