Executive Administrative Assistant at Elastic
Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Location: United States
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
As the Executive Administrative Assistant to the Chief Legal Officer at Elastic, you are someone that thinks on your feet and is ready to get going quickly at a dynamic, global, high growth company. Our EAs work independently and collaboratively, managing multiple tasks and priorities with competing priorities and deadlines. You are someone that can screen and prioritize communications from external and internal sources a consummate professional and you know when to ask for help and how to find it.
You are organized, innovative, knowledgeable and forward-thinking when it comes to ensuring smooth operations for the executive you support. The position requires the capacity to work successfully in a team environment while staying connected to business priorities and maintaining a comprehensive awareness of the organization. You are proactive and work with a strong sense of urgency. You take ownership, have bias for action, are customer-service oriented and can meet tight deadlines. Flexibility is key and you can switch gears at a moment’s notice.
What you will do:
- Maintain dynamic calendars; handle travel arrangements domestically and internationally, with a high-standard of accuracy.
- Handle details and projects that may be confidential and time sensitive with minimal guidance.
- Participate in Legal Leadership Team meetings including taking minutes. (Actions/Decisions) from those meetings to keep key decisions on track
- Coordinate/collaborate with the Director of Legal Operations for the smooth running of the Department including confirmation and communication of key meetings, agendas and actions.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information while working with senior professionals inside and outside the company.
- Manage multiple priorities and shifting demands with accuracy and flexibility while anticipating and resolving issues.
- Coordinate and prepare for executive and company meetings and conference calls, including arrangement of logistics, meeting space, communications and catering
- Produce highly accurate work with excellent discretion, judgment, tact and flexibility
- Prepare and submit accurate expense reports for Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members (CEO and direct report) on an as needed basis.
- Engage in administrative tasks related to execution, distribution and organization of legal documents, including coordination of board and board committee documents and activities, together with the CFO staff, CFO EA, and Legal Corporate staff as needed.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 7 years senior executive level support required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in a legal department, and particularly with a General Counsel/Chief Legal Officer preferred.
- Extremely strong project and time management skills; detail-orientation with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Able to recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential material and information
- Excellent follow-up and follow through with ability to stay on top of and anticipate competing and changing priorities.
- Proactive and work independently, show initiative, problem solve and take ownership of all projects and assignments to achieve positive results.
- Able to make independent and effective decisions.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills and can communicate with discretion, diplomacy and tact.
- Good sense of humor and strong judgement; high integrity and ability to keep key information confidential.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and GSuite required; Concur a plus
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches.
- Enjoys having fun and being part of a team.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.