Events Manager at Tidelift
Events Manager (Remote – US)
- Boston, MA, Raleigh, NC or Remote
What we’re building
At Tidelift, we help organizations effectively manage the open source behind modern applications. Through the Tidelift Subscription, we deliver a comprehensive management solution, including the tools to create customizable catalogs of known-good, proactively maintained components backed by Tidelift and its open source maintainer partners.
Tidelift enables organizations to accelerate development and reduce risk when building applications with open source, so they can create even more incredible software, even faster.
We’re well-funded and growing fast. You will play a large role in tackling challenging problems and helping build the company, while learning alongside our experienced team.
We are seeking an events manager, who will report to our Demand Generation Lead. You will have experience managing various event types like tabletops, 10x10s, internal company meetings, webinars and virtual events, and company-hosted events for customers and partners.
You thrive in situations where you can play many roles, learn new things, and explore your natural curiosity. You are willing to step in as a member of the marketing team and take on additional responsibilities on a small—but quickly growing—team where everyone supports each other and pitches in to get things done.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the overall company events plan, including researching events to attend, negotiating sponsorships, managing budget, and coordinating staffing.
- Design and implement Tidelift’s presence at 15-25 industry events each year to generate sales leads, enlist open source maintainers, and share the Tidelift story with the world.
- Plan and execute company-hosted events that bring together our customer, maintainer, and partner community.
- Maximize Tidelift speaking opportunities by developing a calendar of potential opportunities, tracking call for proposal deadlines, developing talk ideas with staff, and submitting abstracts.
- Help plan and manage internal events like regular company all-hands meetings (about 3 per year) that bring our remote workforce together.
- At least 2 years of experience managing events—ideally for a B2B technology company
- Demonstrated success developing creative event strategies that drive leads and positively impact the company brand
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience project-managing complex events with multiple stakeholders
- Working with a marketing automation tool like HubSpot or Marketo
- Working with software developers
- Familiarity with (and a passion for) open source software
We’re trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic: We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internal—building each other up and looking for the best in people—and external—we know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical: We know words and ideas alone won’t change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture add over culture fit.
- Inclusive: We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
In this role, you would have the option to work remotely anywhere in the US.
We believe in the urgency of our mission and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours can be flexible within reason if necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Compensation, benefits, and career
Compensation is competitive with other Boston-area startups, including health insurance, flexible vacation, 401(k), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending, parental leave, work from home stipend and equity.
We invest in every employee’s growth, and support professional development ($5K annually) that aligns with your goals and how you learn best.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!