Event & Speaker Coordinator
- Initial Short Term Contract to Employment/Long Term Contract
- Full Time – 100% Remote working
Join a rapidly growing, innovative, global tech startup in a role that offers opportunities for learning, growth, and impact as you work closely within our events team and key evangelists.
Holo is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace that enables the hosting of peer-to-peer applications by everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo is an app built on Holochain, our new open source, framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is lightning fast, massively scalable, cost-effective, resource efficient, and eco-friendly.
To help fuel the growth of new patterns of technology and social interaction, we are also seeding the growth of a Holochain application (hApp) ecosystem and training a developer community that will build many more apps.
Where you will fit in:
You’ll be a key player in our running high impact events like hackathons, meetups, internship programs and residential intensives, to accelerate the quality and scaling of our ecosystem of apps and users. Most of the events will be hosted and produced by, or in partnership with local volunteer community organizers. As our Event and Speaking Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting the coordination and growth of these high-impact events and the global community that holds them.
Additionally, you will be responsible for logistics and content coordination for speaking initiatives for Holo evangelists. This will involve researching, prioritizing, and being point of contact for major conferences and events that align with our growth strategy in sharing our message to the world. Our evangelists will work with you to source, apply for, and coordinate the logistics of these external speaking events.
Your role will combine big-picture thinking with the administration of many important details. You’ll support members of the events team in administrative tasks and provide on the ground support with logistics for global events.
What you will do:
- Recruit, vet, and onboard meetup and event organizers. You’ll need to conduct interviews with potential new meetups organizers, communicate the value that Holo brings to their event, screen them, and onboard them into our community of organizers.
- Mentor & support meetup and event organizers. You’ll work closely with our community of event organizers to help them successfully plan meetups. You’ll meet with them individually and in groups to share best practices, provide feedback, and guide them to achieving their goals.
- Create meetup, hackathon and other event planning tools & resources. You’ll be responsible for creating and organizing content and resources to make organizing and scaling successful community run, and organizationally run events as simple as possible.
- Build & maintain relationships with organizers in our community. You’ll be responsible for creating a strong connection between volunteer community organizers and Holo, nurturing these relationships over time.
- Roll out & track the success of new initiatives. You’ll need to work closely with other teams inside Holo (e.g., developers, dev documentation, marketing) to launch new initiatives for our community. You’ll also need to communicate with our community around these new initiatives and changes to our product.
- Find new ways for Holo to empower our community. We are always on the lookout for new ways that we can bring value to the people who participate in meetups and events. We are seeking to catalyze far more activity than our organization can deliver itself. And often that means supporting other people’s visions rather than simply recruiting them into amplify our own. However, a sensitivity to alignment with our larger aims is critical. You’ll source new, interesting opportunities through your close interactions with our community and partner with internal and external stakeholders to bring them to life.
- Apply for and source invitations to high-impact speaking events. You’ll target markets that make the most sense for our audiences, apply for speaking events for other members of our team and cultivate relationships that will allow for ideal speaking opportunities.
- Manage and coordinate event logistics and prepare speaker presentations. You’ll work directly with internal team members and community volunteers such as meetup organizers, to help prepare them for events, including scheduling, preparing presentations, meeting deadlines, creating agreement terms, tracking contracts, etc. You’ll coordinate the logistics for speakers and assist with the day-to-day coordination of many of the events we run and our contributions to all the events we attend. You’ll also be our primary contact for event venues and outside contractors.
- Diplomatically Bargain. We’re a lean startup, and in the crypto space people often expect us to puke money around like crazy. You’ll be able to politely explain our community growth strategy to shift transactional relationships into voluntary partnerships where we support each other freely.
- Coordinate post-event follow-up. After events, you’ll be accountable for coordinating the follow-up to get feedback, permissions to use materials (e.g., audio/video recordings), attendee follow-up, etc. You’ll gather and track testimonials from attendees that are inspiring, engaging and precise, in writing and in audio/video recordings, that help us improve how we tell stories of the way the world will evolve and Holochain’s role in this. You’ll also be expected to participate in event retrospectives that allow us to keep learning and developing our capacity to deliver great events.
What we’re looking for:
- Capacity to track the big picture and be strategic
- Strong, natural attention to details
- Ease with (and a clear preference for!) creating and maintaining organization of everything – files, data, etc.
- Skilled at discernment for what is valuable or of priority
- Ability to drive forward initiatives through organizing and project managing
- Orientation toward enabling and empowering others.
- Strong and clear written and oral communication skills
- Availability to be flexible across multiple time zones and wide variety of hours and ability to flex schedule to match global event planning and execution needs
- Motivation to grow and develop inner and outer leadership skills
- Proactive initiative, jumping in to get a lot accomplished quickly in alignment with others
Some details about what we offer:
- Generous salary (National Currency)
- Generous crypto payment program (HOT & Holo fuel)
- Equipment reimbursement
- Supportive team trial period
- Regular team meetings (video)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation time
- Motivated, passionately engaged, and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.