Estate Planning Paralegal at Facet Wealth
Location: Remote, US
Estate Planning Paralegal
- Full Time
- Ancillary Services
- Mid Level
- Facet is a fully remote FinTech company with a mission to empower people to live more enriched lives by delivering a new standard of financial advice that elevates expectations across consumers and the industry.
- We believe that unbiased, personalized financial advice that integrates into every facet of life is essential to living well.
- People’s financial lives are dynamic and ever-evolving, so we cover everything money touches–from starting a business to buying real estate to your investments and much more.
- Facet believes financial advice should be delivered with a fresh, human-plus-tech approach, that includes a CFP® professional–the highest certification possible.
- As an Estate Planning Paralegal, you will live out this value each day as you work directly with clients as their estate planning coach, helping them improve their lives by setting up their plan to carry out their wishes when they are no longer able to do so.
With that said, there are some bright lines about what it means to work here:
- We are a true fiduciary meaning the client will always come first
- Guardrails, not prescriptions: we trust our team members to make the right decisions and to bring their unique experience to bear in helping our clients
Your Day-To-Day Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting Wills, Trusts and other estate planning documents with the ability to summarize existing plans
- Meeting directly with clients to educate them on the various estate planning documents and issues.
- Researching various estate planning topics and issues to assist in answering various internal/external questions.
- Assist in designing and implementing client estate planning documents.
- Support requests and questions from teammates and clients.
- Process 3-5 estate planning case briefs per day
- Background in estate planning and probate law with 2-5 years experience
- Able to work MT/PST hours
- Preparation of estate planning documents such as wills, trusts, and additional documentation.
- Knowledge of common revocable trust funding practices
- Experience preparing quitclaim deeds and assignments.
- Paralegal Certification
- Strong written and verbal communication with previous experience working directly with clients.
- Positive, detail-oriented and enjoy working in a group environment remotely.
Perks & Benefits
- $70,000 base salary
- Unlimited PTO
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Certification reimbursement program
- Work from anywhere in the US