Entertainment Writer at Endgame360
Love writing about a variety of Entertainment topics? We’re looking for you!
Showbiz Cheat Sheet is a fully remote pop media company dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about topics to bring readers the most up-to-date Entertainment news, insights, and reviews.
We are looking for a full-time Writer to join our search writing team. Showbiz Cheat Sheet is known for its entertaining lifestyle coverage, and you could be part of our team dedicated to having fun together while writing content for our site!
As a Writer on the Search team you will:
- Report to one of our team leads, and focus on providing high-quality Entertainment coverage across a wide range of topics.
- Develop your own story ideas and angles based on your industry knowledge of what will perform well in the organic search space.
- Produce 4-6 winning search articles each day by identifying trending topics and covering multiple ideas per day with a high pageview rating.
- Achieve/maintain a monthly PV threshold that aligns with the company’s current goals.
- Work Saturdays and Sundays to capitalize on trends that our readers are interested in during their free time. (You will also work 3 weekdays of your choosing.)
- Collaborate with our Editorial team and join search team meetings to understand what does/doesn’t work for a story on our site. Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to re-focus ideas when necessary.
- Dive into research, making use of internal and external links, to show your stories are based on more than just one person’s opinion.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, self-edited, and professional articles. Have the ability to self-edit articles and the desire to continue honing your grammar skills. Show an ability to work autonomously, particularly during weekend coverage.
- Take a data-driven approach to writing, utilizing our in-house analytics tool and Google Analytics to gain insights on article performance. Use GA to track progress toward monthly data benchmarks of performance.
- Promote your work on Showbiz Cheat Sheet-branded social media channels.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding remote environment.
What makes Showbiz Cheat Sheet a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 35 million monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Showbiz Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and collaborate with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, a flexible vacation policy, paid parental leave, health, dental & vision insurance, 401k contributions, and continuing education reimbursements. Our editorial team is also eligible for monthly bonuses based on performance.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A background in and passion for writing about a variety of topics in the Entertainment sphere, as well as a voice that you’re looking to hone.
- A working knowledge of SEO and previous experience using WordPress is preferred, but not required.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and have these appeal to our readers.
- The ability to self-edit thoroughly and quickly.
- General knowledge of social media best practices is preferred, but not required.
- A willingness to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
If interested in this opportunity, please complete the application form:
Location: CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, WA, VA
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!