Entertainment Writer at NYLON
Entertainment Writer, NYLON
- EDITORIAL – NYLON
NYLON is seeking a remote, part-time entertainment writer.
NYLON readers are curious about a wide range of entertainment topics, news and trends related to music, film, television and internet culture, so interested applicants should be, too. We’re looking for candidates who can quickly cover breaking celebrity, music, film & tv news in addition to being able to identify bigger industry and cultural trends.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced writer who is in-the-know about the biggest entertainment stories of the day, and ready to get in on the conversation from the NYLON point of view. Published writing clips and experience working in a fast-paced, digital environment are required.
In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite entertainment topics to cover, as well as your favorite sources for entertainment news. We’re especially looking for writers who approach entertainment from a critical, pop culture lens, who can narrate big picture themes to readers by dialing down into specific topics.
This is a remote, part-time position.
- Sweep the internet for trending entertainment stories
- Pitch article ideas with unique angles and headlines
- Create and publish 3-4 stories per day
- 1-2 years of entertainment writing experience, preferably in the digital realm
- Ability to write clean copy with a quick turnaround time
- An established portfolio of published clips
- Eagerness to jump on breaking and trending news stories in the entertainment sphere
- Available to work remotely 3-4 days per week
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!