English to French Canadian Translator Editor at Anzu Global
ENGLISH TO FRENCH CANADIAN TRANSLATOR EDITOR
- QC C752 REMOTE
POSTEDITING (ENGLISH TO FRENCH)
Our client is a Canadian-based Language Services Provider looking for post-editors from English to French (preferably native French Canadian) to revise pre-translated texts for the French Canadian government. This position can be permanent employee or freelance, full time or part time, with a minimum 10 hours/week commitment required.
The position can be full time or part time, permanent employee or freelance, and includes a 10-40 hour work week, based on your hiring contract (your choice). You are expected to work and be available during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 8am 5pm, dependent upon the contract under which you are hired. All work can be performed remotely.
- A full comparative revision from English to French taking into account quality standards and clients’ terminological and stylistic preferences.
- Research of all terminology.
- Consult reference documents and client specific glossaries
- Ensure that the presentation and layout are impeccable.
- Efficient use of translation tools, especially Trados Sudio. All work is performed in SDLxliff format.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALITIES
- University degree in translation (preferred).
- Professional association certification (preferred)
- Five or more years experience in translation from English to French.
- Proficiency in CAT tools, particularly SDL Trados Studio, MS Office suite, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines.
- Successful completion of a 1-hour postediting test, followed by a 2-week postediting paid trial period before final engagement or hire.
Preference will be given to Canada-based and native French Canadian speakers who meet the standards of performance outlined.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!