Engineering Manager, Test Automation
- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
Do you love to eat? Are you passionate about testing and technology? Olo is hiring an experienced Test Engineering Manager to guide our Test Engineering team and shape our cutting-edge test automation frameworks. This position is more than writing test scripts — you’ll work with smart, passionate engineers dedicated to innovation and experimentation while also delivering amazing products.
Your partners will be Engineering and Product Managers, as you wow them with effective test automation that supports key product and technology initiatives. As a servant leader, you will focus on not only the development of automated test solutions but will also hire and nurture our talented test engineering team.
You can work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than two-thirds of our engineering team is remote!
- You have recent hands-on experience implementing infrastructure to test APIs, UIs, and services in a microservices environment.
- You could write production code, but you prefer to excel at automated test solutions.
- You are test-savvy and can talk knowledgeably about the latest new tools in test automation.
- You are tech-savvy and understand the complexities of modern SAAS platforms
- You’ve got a technical degree or comparable industry experience.
- You’ve been in an agile testing leadership role before, with a track record of success.
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
In this job, you’ll…
- Design, build and maintain test automation infrastructure in an AWS eco-system.
- Optimize and enhance existing automation frameworks.
- Develop innovative solutions for test and task automation.
- Collaborate with developers and test engineers to identify candidates for test and task automation.
- Measure the effectiveness of test automation to know when to improve/change/retire certain approaches.
- Stay abreast of architecture changes and how they affect automation frameworks.
- Report on automated test coverage and effectiveness across the platform.
- Mentor Test Engineers and Developers in automated test design and implementation.
Olo is the on-demand interface for the restaurant industry, powering digital ordering and delivery for over 250 restaurant brands. Olo’s enterprise-grade software powers every stage of the digital restaurant transaction, from fully-branded user interfaces to the back-of-house order management features that keep the kitchen running smoothly. Orders from Olo are injected seamlessly into existing restaurant systems to help brands capture demand from on-demand channels such as branded website and apps, third-party marketplaces, social media channels, and personal assistant devices like the Amazon Echo. Olo is a pioneer in the industry, beginning with text message ordering on mobile feature phones in 2005. Today, millions of consumers use Olo to order ahead (SKIP THE LINE®) or get meals delivered from the restaurants they love. Customers include Applebee’s, Chili’s, Chipotle, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Red Robin, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more.
Olo is located at 26 Broadway in the historic Standard Oil Building, the former home of John D. Rockefeller. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients’ menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed in doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!