Engineering Manager – Consumer Experience at Plaid
Engineering Manager – Consumer Experience
At Plaid, we believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. Our goal is to build the tools and infrastructure for developers to create this next generation of financial services applications, and the direct to consumer experiences that earn user trust in our ecosystem. Today, hundreds of companies such as Robinhood, Coinbase, and Venmo rely on Plaid to integrate with banks and the financial system.
The Consumer Group is fully distributed and highly collaborative. We work across time zones from PST to CET and believe that the diversity of our team, including where we live, is our super power. We favor partnership and believe that working together amplifies the impact of our incredibly talented team. We’re looking for managers to develop creative ways to scale our remote culture as we grow.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll lead a team of 5-10 frontend and full stack engineers. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams to bring our product and infrastructure services to life. Moreover, you’ll develop and own the technical strategy that enables your team’s mission.
We’re guided by our principals—impact, grow together, embrace openness and positivity, think rigorously and act with urgency, make it better, consumer outcomes via customer love, and invent tomorrow—and are looking for team members who are motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Recruiting, growing, and enabling an incredible team of driven engineers who have high expectations around craft, ownership and impact
- Fostering a collaborative distributed engineering culture that embodies our values and empowers users
- Delivering world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself and your team to be more ambitious
- Working with other engineer managers and functional leads to set direction for your team, engineering, and Plaid as a whole
- Crafting a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs
What excites us
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Significant experience as a software engineer
- Commitment to building an aligned and collaborative distributed engineering culture
- Passion for cultivating highly functioning teams and organizations
- A record of leveling up your reports and providing individuals with meaningful opportunities for growth
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up when needed
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to headcount planning
- Experience growing startups during a hyper-growth phase a huge plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!