Engineering Manager at HireVue
- Raleigh, North Carolina or Remote, United States
- Full time
Location: Fully remote in Raleigh, NC, or any city in the United States
Our team is growing and we’re looking to add an additional Engineering Manager to our amazing team.
Amazing Salary + annual bonus + 401K with match + stock options + flexible PTO + medical + dental/vision
If you’re a software engineering leader who believes in helping teams deliver value to customers quickly and sustainably, and enjoy leading others and enabling them to succeed in their work, then keep reading!
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be leading one or more teams of individual software engineers – and together with your team(s), working on HireVue’s core system. You’ll understand customer usage and needs, as well as the requests being made of your team(s), and the impact of the two on our systems. You’ll use this understanding when coordinating work with Product Management, to design solutions and influence what work should happen, and when – and ultimately ensure your team(s) deliver the customer value needed. You’ll support your team(s) by removing roadblocks to their work, and communicating progress inside and outside of the team. And you’ll support the individuals you lead by understanding their unique strengths and abilities, and providing meaningful coaching and mentoring.
When it comes to leadership abilities, we are looking for:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical, organizational, and reasoning abilities
- Ability to lead, coach, and mentor diverse personalities
- Ability to assess current talent, as well as talent gaps, and prioritize and enable professional development opportunities for team members. As well as experience growing teams through hiring great talent
- Ability to influence direct reports, peers, and other leaders
- Experience in balancing the needs of, and identifying solutions among, parties with differing viewpoints
- Ability to enforce process where needed, while being agile and flexible where possible
In addition to leading, you will:
- Brainstorm, design and implement software solutions. Effectively document your work for consumption by your team
- Prototype and test designs, taking the user process, and basic feature functionality into account, as well as the feature’s ability to perform in acceptable time measurements and to scale to many multiple users, whether that is within one customer account or throughout many customer accounts
- Deliver production ready solutions for deployment, including an accompanying thorough test suite of unit tests and/or automated test tools
- Take feedback and learn from peers
- Possess a good knowledge of the languages and libraries in use, learning those that are new to you. Demonstrate good judgement in implementation and design
- Understand and use current development and architectural patterns effectively
- B.S. Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 6+ years in a software engineering role
- 1+ years engineering management experience
Our current tech stack is:
Python, Django, Celery, Go, WebRTC; Frontend: React, HTML (JSX), CSS (in JS), GraphQL; Storage: PostgreSQL, S3, Elasticsearch. Most of our infrastructure is on AWS so it is a huge plus if you know and love AWS.
We want to build great, industry impacting features and have fun doing it. Our team members think the most important parts of our culture are:
- Teams work together to determine what will give our customers the most value and how to accomplish it.
- While our teams are mostly remote, it’s not uncommon for engineers to meet for virtual happy hour on Fridays. Slippers encouraged.
- We encourage you to use that flexible time off policy! (just don’t let your team down!)
- Our most important “attrivute” is “Act like an Owner”. Others are “Keep it Simple”, “Disagree and Commit”, and “Think Big”.
- We get excited about our hackweeks and try to have large team or company events at least twice a year (virtually, this year)
We have Mountain Bikers, Road Bikers, Skiers / Boarders (dawn patrol & resort), Runners, Video Game heroes, Movie Buffs, Musicians, and many other varieties of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. We know you’ll find a friend here.
Flexible Paid Time Off | Medical, Dental, Vision | 12 Weeks Maternity & Adoption | 401K match
HireVue is transforming the way companies discover, hire, and develop the best talent by combining the power of video, games, and AI for better hiring decisions.
We are relentlessly focused on developing fair and objective hiring solutions to help our customers and their candidates, and we embrace this same focus of fair and objective hiring when we hire for our own team, striving to build a diverse and inclusive culture based on a foundation of respect and inclusion.
HireVue is available worldwide in over 30 languages and has hosted more than 14 million on-demand interviews and one million assessments. Its more than 700 customers worldwide including over one-third of the Fortune 100 and leading brands such as Unilever, JP Morgan Chase, Delta Air Lines, Vodafone, Carnival Cruise Line, and Goldman Sachs.
HireVue is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. HireVue is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!