Engineering Manager at DockYard
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide the success and career growth of engineers across a number of client engagements.
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be overseeing a group of UX Developers, Software Engineers, and QA Engineers who will be distributed across several client engagements, from cross-disciplinary product delivery projects, to staff augmentation and consulting projects.
This is a hands-off management role. However, your past experience as a software engineer and tech lead will be essential assets for you to effectively support and empower your team to do their best work.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Manage up to 15 Software Engineers across disciplines and seniority levels and provide guidance and support for their growth and success on client projects.
- Support the career development of your direct reports through feedback, coaching, goal setting, and performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with the Director of Engineering to identify resourcing needs, and take an active role in the recruiting and interviewing process.
- Work closely with Business Development and the BD Support team to evaluate new opportunities, and plan for any necessary resource changes. This includes participating in client-facing calls and contributing to the development and delivery of proposals.
- Support the Engineering team through departmental activities, process improvements, and internal projects, in collaboration with other Engineering Managers and the Director of Engineering.
- Prior software engineering experience (ideally with Elixir or Ruby on Rails and frontend development with Ember or React)
- Prior leadership experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- In depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results
Nice To Haves
- Previous remote workforce management experience
- Prior client services experience
Perks & Benefits
- We are a distributed company.
- Company provided Apple laptop
- 100% company paid Medical plan option for you and your family
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- 401k with employer match
- Annual stipend for books, conferences, and trainings
- Generous paid time off
- Company Retreats
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Location: US Locations Only
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!