Engineering Manager at Winnie
Title: Engineering Manager
- Location: United States, Remote
- SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE / ENGINEERING / FULL-TIME
Winnie is on a mission to bring high-quality child care & educational services to every family. Our technology-driven marketplace makes it easy for parents to discover and connect with local providers. Our tools for businesses empower them to reach more families online and increase enrollment effortlessly.
We are backed by an amazing group of investors, including Homebrew, Reach Capital, Rethink Impact, and more. Join us on our mission and help shape a brighter future for families, children and caregivers everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong focus on product development to lead, support, and provide daily guidance to a diverse and talented team of engineers. You will be responsible for managing and setting technical direction for the platform team. The ideal candidate has a track record of technical leadership and mentorship and actively supports diversity, inclusion, and equity in tech.
This position is remote-friendly, or can be based in our San Francisco office once it is safe for our team to resume working together in person.
What you’ll do
- Provide thoughtful guidance and timely feedback to your team members
- Enable senior level engineers to make an impact and help junior level engineers to learn and grow
- Improve engineering processes and infrastructure, in particular around documentation and automated testing
- Recruit engineering talent from across different backgrounds and lived experiences, and make the interview process even better
- Work across all levels of the stack, from the server and database to the client
- Design and architect new systems, with maintainability and scalability in mind
- Collaborate with product managers and others in the company to improve the product and drive user growth
- Collaborate with and learn from a talented team of engineers with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Who you are
- You have prior experience managing or mentoring engineers, including supporting professional development and providing feedback
- You have led cross-functional projects and worked with cross-functional teams
- You are flexible and able to pick up new technologies as needed
- You are curious about technology, people, and the world around you
Technologies you’ll work with
- DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, Celery/RabbitMQ, AWS Lambda
- AWS, Docker
What it’s like to work at Winnie
- We’re not your typical tech company
- We are super family-friendly and value reasonable work hours
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we are supportive of returners who have been out of the workforce
- We work cross functionally and collaboratively across the company
- We use Slack and video calls to facilitate communication with remote employees
What we offer
- Generous equity package and a competitive salary
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage for employees and their families
- FSA option, 401k plan, commuter benefits
- Generous vacation policy (and we use it)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave and family friendly policies
- Professional development budget for each employee
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!