Engineering Instructor at Kaplan
Location: Remote/Nationwide Remote/Nationwide USA
Part-time instructors are responsible for teaching live online and/or in-person courses for engineering licensure exam preparation. These individuals serve as subject matter experts and student advocates while delivering exceptional experiences to students.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching skills and ability to engage students in the classroom while providing a strong focus on mentoring and driving student success.
- Serve as an industry and exam expert in areas of study
- Run class time schedule in accordance with the established itinerary
- Respond to student questions, emails, and forum posts through the established end date of the Program. Responses will be diplomatically and supportively phrased and posted within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt of the question. Forum posts must include a welcome message on or before the Program start date
- Prior to the Program start date, thoroughly review all course materials to ensure technical accuracy, submit any errors/improvements, and be confident/prepared to teach
- Submit errors, revisions, or improvements at least once per week throughout the Program duration. If no submission is necessary, Instructor must acknowledge that no revisions are being submitted
- Review and update online grade book at least once per week, until one week after the established end date of the Program
- Ensure all live webinar technical requirements are met. This includes, but is not limited to, logging in early to the live sessions, ensuring the recording starts/stops, meeting minimal software/hardware/Internet requirements, delivering sessions in a quiet environment, and posting recordings for students
- Upload provided presentation slides to live course classrooms. If ancillary documents are presented by Instructor during the course, Instructor is to also upload these for students
- Adjust teaching style based on feedback and constructive criticism
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- 2+ Years’ of prior teaching experience. Previous employment in the Engineering industry with detailed knowledge of licensing exam content and preparation
- FE and PE Licenses
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Ability to effectively utilize online classroom technology
- Ability to follow processes
- Dynamic speaking ability
- Attention to detail; Urgency
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!