Engagement Services Specialist
Job Locations: US-(REMOTE – Work from Home) | US-MN-Minneapolis | US-LA-Metairie | US-NE-Omaha | US-NM-Albuquerque | US-TX-Dallas | US-TX-Ft. Worth | US-CA-Santa Ana | US-OK-Oklahoma City | US-OR-Portland | US-ID-Boise
Job ID: 2019-4393
# of Openings: 1
Category: Customer Service
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Type: Full-Time Regular
How many people can answer the question, “What do you do for a living?” with the answer, “I help find cures for cancer.” At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, “job.”
Perform specific tasks designed to achieve revenue through prospect recruitment and retention via telephone, email and chat.
Additional Position Information
Work under the direct supervision and training of the Contact Center Manager and direct managers to perform assigned duties.
- Place outbound telephone recruitment calls and send recruitment emails to inform potential Light The Night and Student Series participants and ultimately sell the campaign to secure registrations.
- Answer direct inquiries from leads via live chat.
- Accurately record key details of all interactions on assigned account records in designated software applications.
- Effectively communicate with other representatives in multiple time zones to ensure all lead prospects are handled appropriately and receive a timely response to their inquiries.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Light The Night, Student Series, Donor Development and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- LLS campaign background strongly preferred, particularly in Light The Night, Student Series and Donor Development.
- Clear, concise speaking voice with excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to collect, organize and record data effectively.
- Able to follow detailed workflows and quickly adapt to changing procedures.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy on tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a solid understanding of technology.
- Sales background is a plus.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.