Engagement Producer at USA TODAY
- Req #11409
USA TODAY, part of the USA TODAY Network, is looking for an Engagement producer for the Audience Team to help amplify and spread newsroom work around race and equality. The candidate will work with the newsroom on building relationships with readers, ideating and creating engaging digital and social content and experiences that will engage readers and drive audience growth across USA TODAY platforms and products. The role would include but not be limited to working with the USATODAY’s on and off platform channels in spaces such as curating newsletters and social channels, creating visual stories for social channels, moderating social conversations and working with social communities, working with partners and more. The role will also work closely with content strategy teams to measure impact of multi-platform storytelling.
- Demonstrates strong news judgment to help create and accurately deliver news, via stories, video, graphics and other visuals, Facebook, Instagram or any other platforms to reach our audience.
- Use metrics to inform content choices and platforms to shape engagement and audience-building strategies.
- Provide analysis of trends that will inform our content and engagement strategies.
- Works closely with graphic, photo and video teams to optimize and produce content.
- Bachelor’s in Journalism with relevant newsroom experience in engagement and/or digital experience.
- Strong editing, copy-editing skills and the ability to produce content that is clean and accurate.
- Is passionate about connecting with readers with content and finding opportunities to engage and grow audiences.
- Is comfortable using social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, FB groups, Reddit, more to build out storytelling and reach readers.
- Collaborates well with others and can work with a team on the biggest stories.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. Please send:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Editors
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!