Engagement Manager- Debit Card
This position can work remotely anywhere in the U.S. The preferred locations are the Parsippany, NJ, Lake Mary, FL, or Beaverton, OR office.
Do you have a passion for Project & Program Management? Do you have a passion for getting things done? Do you have a passion for collaborating with people and helping them achieve their vision? Then you will have a real passion for Fiserv, come join a team that can deliver! This is your chance to lead and deliver the best at Fiserv as an Engagement Manager. Successful delivery with predictability and consistency is what sets us apart. You will thrive if your true passion is running the most complex programs with the best teams.
What does a great Engagement Manager do?
You will work with a team of seasoned Engagement Managers in our Card Services business unit leading projects with our most complex clients. With a high degree of complexity and risk you will plan, coordinate, and monitor larger scale Debit Card projects by collaborating with key business partners. These complex projects can span multiple business units and functional areas.
For internal purposes, the business title for this position is Project Manager, Consultant.
As an Engagement Manager you can look forward to:
- Developing strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with Client leadership and key internal partners.
- Providing a complete view of the overall project to all partners.
- Defining the overall scope; crafting and maintaining a consolidated timeline highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; putting mechanisms in place to ensure ongoing control.
- Defining project governance outlining roles and responsibilities and decision rights.
- Ensuring success criteria is defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage expected project outcomes.
- Keeping all partners (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project.
- Providing leadership, accountability, and ownership for all aspects of the project life cycle.
- Representing the needs of the client in specific product development initiatives that are associated with the project.
You’re the kind of person who:
Has experience in the debit card industry. You enjoy working independently and can be flexible and take care of ambiguity. You can build positive relationships and strategic partnerships with both internal and external diverse groups. You have excellent presentation skills, written and verbal, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical customers in a clear manner.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on large projects in a client-facing role.
- Experience working in the Debit Card industry.
- Experience in driving large scale change efforts.
- Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams.
- Proficient with Project Management tools.
- Process management in solution delivery methodologies.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically (approximately 5-10 times annually).
- Ability to provide after-hours support for project implementations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Experience working with software implementations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Six Sigma training.
Learn more about us.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with our card solutions team. Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
Apply using your legal name
Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
There’s a reason why Fiserv is the global leader in information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry. It’s our people. If you are a talented professional who gets excited by the challenge of helping Fiserv lead the transformation of financial services technology for our clients’ benefit, we encourage you to explore career opportunities with Fiserv, where turning possibilities into realities is the norm.