Energy Analyst at Measurabl
San Diego, California, United States
Measurabl has developed the leading ESG (environmental, social, governance) data management solution for commercial real estate—and we’re looking forward to doing so much more. Our team is a diverse group of innovators, leaders, and creators who are passionate about the work we do. We believe technology plays a central role in creating a sustainable, equitable world, and we’re working to build something that matters. At Measurabl, the Energy Analyst reports to the Manager of Advisory Services and is responsible for carrying out discrete tasks to support the work of the Advisory Services team. In this role, you will directly work with Energy Advisors and Analytics Engineers to support customers to drive positive outcomes for their business and our planet. You will be executing against discrete project scopes for Customers relating to energy, carbon reductions, and operational excellence. If you’re an energy geek at heart with a consultative approach, who loves making an impact, and is eager to learn and grow alongside a top-notch team, we want to hear from you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
The essential functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Energy Analysts are expected to possess and continually develop expertise related to optimal building operations, energy systems, and energy analysis to provide exceptional service delivery. Daily and weekly activities will vary based on assigned tasks, and will include some mix of:
- Support internal stakeholders to prepare for regularly schedule advisory meetings with Customers and/ore Partners
- Review energy efficiency and operational recommendations (“Measures”)
- Review and analyze data to identity Measures
- Complete discrete analysis and deliverables including but not limited to:
- Utility Budgets
- Tenant Billing
- Custom Reports
- Ad-hoc Energy Analysis
- Data Mapping
- Document feedback and first-hand learnings to help improve the product experience for everyone
- Support and document internal processes to ensure consistent deliverables and workflows
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others in a diverse, multiethnic and multicultural work environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, decentralized environment.
Education & Experience:
We have identified the following programs, experience, and knowledge that have helped others find success in this role at Measurabl. We understand though that knowledge comes from many forms of learning and experiences. Above all, we consider a person’s potential impact in the role and value their unique path to this point in their career.
- Bachelor’s degree in energy or mechanical engineering or related field; EIT is a plus
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic experience with programming (such as R, Python, or VBA) and willingness and ability to learn.
- Strong data analysis skills, with ability to work independently on investigations
- 2-3 years experience working in energy (i.e., energy audits, commissioning, M&V, Sustainability,etc.), ideally with commercial buildings and or energy efficiency analysis
- Have knowledge of building mechanical systems (HVAC, lighting, etc.)
- Have a working understanding of utility cost structures (i.e., utility tariffs, regulated vs deregulated markets, energy procurement, etc.)
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Perks and Benefits:
- Unlimited PTO
- Health and Dental Insurance + HSA options
- Pet Insurance
- Holiday Paid Time Off (Black Friday and Christmas Week Included)
- Matching 401k
- Amazing, Inclusive, Diverse, Relaxed Culture
- 100% Fully Remote
- Flexible Work Hours
- $800 office set up fund for new employees
- Monthly phone & internet reimbursement
- Stock options
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Measurabl, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.