EPL Claims Consultant-New York, NY – 1901707
As a Hartford Global Specialty Financial Lines Claims Consultant, you will be responsible for handling a caseload of complex claims-made, middle market, large and small commercial EPL claims, from inception to final disposition. We currently have an open position in our EPL Claims unit; however, future opportunity to handle matters across other lines exists. As these claims are often in litigation, experience handling litigated matters through resolution and managing defense counsel is required.
Responsibilities include all aspects of claim file management from assignment to conclusion but are not limited to:
- Conducting investigations and analyzing and evaluating the information learned;
- Appropriately and accurately analyzing and determining coverage, liability and damages based upon the facts of each claim;
- Communicating written position(s) to insured’s and other required parties on coverage, liability damages and other issues;
- Within prescribed authority levels, setting appropriate expense and indemnity reserves and monitoring on a regular basis for any needed adjustment;
- Presenting cases to management for expense or indemnity reserve authority above established authority levels;
- Developing and implementing resolution strategies through negotiations to achieve high quality outcomes;
- Proactively managing litigation and counsel, inclusive of litigation planning and execution, budgeting and bill review;
- Understanding and analyzing potential extra-contractual liability as needed;
- Attending trials and mediations as necessary;
- Contributing to broader claim and enterprise goals by participating in audits, projects, training and product development initiatives;
- Preparing comprehensive reports and delivering presentations to senior claim leadership on case developments, policy issues, industry trends, etc;
- Providing support and working collaboratively with business partners to evaluate and address claim trends and developments;
- Address inquiries from agents and policyholders, providing superior customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree required; law degree a plus.
- Minimum of 4-6 years handling complex litigated coverage and liability matters.
- Candidate should be disciplined, results-oriented and able to focus on bottom line results.
- Candidates are required to have knowledge and experience handling Employment Practices liability claims.
- andidates should demonstrate the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent strategic thinking ability and execution skills
- Excellent negotiation and advanced technical claim handling skills, including knowledge of insurance coverage issues
- Superior time, task prioritization and desk management skills.
- An ability to communicate thoughts clearly and concisely, and to influence and persuade others
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with only moderate amount of supervision and employ a “team player” attitude.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position resides in our New York City office; however, the option for remote work status may be considered for highly qualified candidates outside the NYC area.
Job Function: P&C Claim Management
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Remote Worker Option: Yes