Employment Counsel at Lucid
- REMOTE – US /
- LUCID CORPORATE – LEGAL /
Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data.
- With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need.
- These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more.
- Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Lucid is seeking a highly engaged attorney with a passion for all things employment to join our growing legal team.
- Lucid’s Legal team works cross-functionally and across multiple geographies, providing advice, support and assistance to Lucid’s various corporate, commercial and transactional initiatives.
- The Employment Counsel will oversee a variety of labor and employment matters that are core to the company’s business and growth, and will work extensively across various functions to help craft solutions to legal challenges that Lucid faces every day.
- The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial-minded and comfortable working in an ambiguous, quickly-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Provide advice and counseling on a broad spectrum of employment law issues, including: recruiting, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and pay equity, internal investigations, sick leave, compensation and benefits, non-competes and immigration
- Work with company-wide partners and manage projects with a team-oriented approach
- Evaluate employment practices and policies to accomplish priorities, and ensure compliance
- Draft and review employment related agreements and templates
- Investigate and respond to claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other employment related inquiries
- Conduct audits, employment classification reviews, and support other employment-related compliance efforts
- Perform due diligence and advise on employment aspects of equity-related initiatives
- Help manage and function as primary Lucid contact for outside counsel on labor and employment matters and employment litigation
- Help develop and produce training and educational materials for personnel and managers, in partnership with the People team
- Partner with the wider legal team on various cross-functional, company-wide initiatives
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited university
- License to practice law in Texas, Louisiana, New York or Minnesota
- 4+ years of relevant employment experience in a law firm or in-house legal department, including both counseling and litigation – Ideally a mix both
- Substantive knowledge of US-based employment law with international experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, outstanding business judgment, and ability to provide strategic and practical advice by balancing legal risk and business objectives
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal), transparent and open to feedback
- Intense attention to detail, with a proclivity for improving processes
- Proficient in various business software and applications (MS Office, HRIS, ServiceNow, DocuSign, Confluence, etc.) and the ability to easily adopt and learn new technologies and systems
- Demonstrated ability to thrive independently in a fast paced, energetic environment and prioritize at times of high-volume with good judgment and problem solving capabilities
Lucid’s Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!