Employee Relations Specialist at Omnipresent Group
Employee Relations Specialist
Who we are
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 300 people is located in more than 45 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
Your Role – Duties And Responsibilities
- Be the expert point of contact for all ER cases through to completion and advise on all ER related activity
- Design processes for a variety of employee issues (disciplinary, grievance, terminations etc.)
- Review and revise the people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations, which are compliant with the relevant employment law
- Coordinate between departments and external service providers: operations, clients, client employees and local partners.
- Support Sales & Ops with the regular day to day queries on ongoing employee relations issues to support clients
- Provide current and effective organizational employment relations advice/ subject matter expertise in alignment with our policies and values
- Work in tandem with and liaise effectively with internal legal team to ensure that advice given and the decisions taken are in line with the country laws
- Positively support and champion change across the organization
- Work collaboratively with the People Team, Benefits Team, Products team on a range of people, organizational and matters
- Work flexibly across all regions as required, supporting colleagues on projects and work activity
Requirements, Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrable track record in adding value to the organization
- Comprehensive understanding of employment law
- Commercial approach to providing solutions to people issues
- Highly effective communication and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to deliver results to demanding deadlines
- Keen on identifying risks wrt employment situations
You’ve done some of these things…
- 3+ years of extensive experience in handling employee relations
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of countries and HR situations with support from legal experts
- Have a good understanding of dismissal procedure, grievance, harassment or difficult employment situations
- Can identify gaps and creating SOPs wrt compliant and scalable employee operations in collaboration with other relevant stakeholders in the organization
- HIs a team player and have worked asynchronously supporting teams from across the globe
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP/relevant legal qualification is preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you’ll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays.
- Company retreats: We have an annual company-wide retreats, and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: Whilst we are fully remote, we offer all employees access to co-working spaces wherever they live in a flexible manner so that you use what you need.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months, we offer 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for primary caregivers. We also offer enhanced leave for secondary caregivers, of 4 weeks at full pay and an additional 4 weeks of unpaid leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. Prefer a PC to a Mac? No problem. You choose what you need. We’ll give you a budget to get all the infrastructure that enables you to work effectively wherever you are, including broadband costs.
- Education budget: Your development should be a continuous conversation with your manager and they will support you in choosing what you need whether that’s accreditations, workshops, or formal degree programs or courses. Important is that you update your Individual Development Plan with any kind of education you take, so that you make sure that you apply the knowledge you have gained in theory, and the learned information will stay with you long term.
We believe remote working is a great equalizer and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.