EMEA Compliance Counsel – Germany, France, or UK at Dell
EMEA Compliance Counsel
Remote – Germany (All Other)
Remote – France (All Other)
Remote – United Kingdom (All Other)
EMEA Compliance Counsel
Location: EMEA (remote)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Compliance Counsel in our Legal team anywhere in EMEA.
From commercial contracts to cyber security, IP to ethical practices Dell’s Legal teams always have new, interesting and complex challenges to tackle. Legal Operations provides all the administrative, reporting and program management support they need to succeed. Whether focused locally, regionally or globally, Legal Operations professionals develop plans, oversee programs and processes and maintain records. They review legal data, provide policy information and legal advice across the organization and manage a wide range of legal business matters.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
For the new EMEA Employment, Compliance and Litigation team we are searching for an innovative Compliance Counsel to cover the areas of EMEA Privacy, Trade Compliance and Competition law. The role requires a high level of flexibility and ability to adapt as the new team will continue to be shaped out.
- Analysis of legal work currently delivered in the in-scope areas in the EMEA countries, on a regional level as well by the Global functions. In a team effort review the findings and determine high priority / high risk areas to be addressed as well as develop solutions for those. Finally action the solutions developed.
- Deliver legal advice in the defined compliance areas to key clients and serve as a 2nd level legal support. This will also include programmatic work coming out of the team’s own projects but also based on localization of Global programs, policies and procedures.
- Serve as interface in the relevant legal areas between the countries, the EMEA region and Global functions. As part of that foster establishment and intensify exchange between relevant subject matter experts; serve as sparring partner.
- Drive and augment excellence, efficiency, consistency and best practice
- Work with Legal Ops on Future of Legal topics relevant to the team
- Legal Counsel with at least 5 years of experience in one or more of the relevant focus areas combined with an interest to further intensify expertise and profound basic knowledge in the other areas
- Affinity to the other tasks of the team (i.e. employment and litigation) is a plus as well as a high ability to adopt and change as well as innovative
- Strong communication and good presentation skills and strong leadership skills: Ability to lead without being people manager
- Culturally fit to work with Legal and clients in the EMEA countries, the region as well as on a Global level
- Strong English language skills. Additional language skills welcome while not required as well as strong verbal and written communication, teamwork as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to mediate between different players and interests and to work as part of a remote team (self-driven/self-motivated)
Education and Experience
- Typically requires 7+ years of related experience in a professional role with a fully qualified legal degree in an in-region country of which 5 years should be experience gathered in one or more of the in-scope areas.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!