Email Marketing Specialist at Metabolic Living
Email Marketing Specialist (100% – Remote)
- Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
- Full time
This is a fantastic opportunity for a data-driven email marketing nerd to fast track their career and experience how the big-boys monetize an email list of 1MM permission-based emails growing by 27K daily from $1.5MM of monthly spend.
Over the last 9 years, we’ve grown to a $50MM+ company with 100+ teammates. We’ve learned the hard way how to be high volume, ethical email marketers and right now, we’re searching the globe for a rising young star who can be mentored by cutting-edge marketing masters as we march toward our goal of becoming a billion dollar brand by 2023.
Plus, we’re 100% virtual company and all work from home…
Hello, my name is Jason Krupsky, Director of Email Marketing here at Metabolic Living, and I need your help. Our mission at Metabolic Living is to make our metabolism-first lifestyle the worldwide standard for healthy living. Even without the current pandemic, people struggle with their health, confused by so many competing options that don’t get results. So, we’ve developed a simple process anybody can follow to optimize their metabolism to deliver the energy their body needs to thrive.
Despite the crisis the world is in, we’re growing because of the products and services we sell. Our goal is to build a $1 billion dollar consumer brand by 2023 and our email marketing efforts will play an enormously important role in achieving that. Every month we spend $1.5MM+ in tier 1 media channels and add 27K emails a day and we expect that to grow by 50% within 9-months.
Up to this point, I have personally managed our email list of 1MM+ on 19 dedicated email IPs, and utilized part-time help for reporting and email grunt work, but now is the time for us to bring someone in-house and show them up close and personal how the game is played and work side-by-side with me and the company co-founder to bring some order to the chaos.
Our ambitious goals mean we’re moving into multiple channels including SMS and Messenger and anything that pops on the radar in the near future.
Because I’ve reached the point where I can no longer juggle ten balls all at once I need a smart player who is ready to earn your stripes and get airdropped into a masters-level marketing culture. You’ll essentially be coding & loading dozens of advanced email split tests, managing advanced reporting, defusing the threat when the ISPs drop landmines in front of us and help me improve the growth of our email revenue DAILY. This is an extremely exciting company to work for because we have TOP talent in every department, and you will interact with a lot of them including the creative & media buy team in our in-house advertising agency.
At a personal level, this is an extraordinarily meaningful hire, because I’ll be working directly with you to ensure our high-performing revenue targets are reached as we can scale. You don’t need to be an email marketing ninja, we’ll train you to become one, but you need to be smart, willing to grind and follow my lead.
So, if you were born a person who thrives on attention to detail, have a passion for all-things-digital marketing and crave to be mentored by 25-year veteran marketers who’ve generated hundreds of millions online then you’re first day will make you smile so hard your cheeks will hurt PLUS…
- You LOVE the challenge of rolling up your sleeves to build emails from scratch
- You LOVE picking through data to build marketing reports with pinpoint accuracy
- You LOVE split-testing 20-way emails only to explode conversions by 150%
- You LOVE all things health and wellness and have a passion for staying fit
- You LOVE combing strategy, with tactics, with nitty-gritty operational details…
Then please read on as you’re the ideal candidate… and we’d love to talk to you ASAP.
To summarize the key points:
- Salary: $50,000- $55,000
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 100+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (preferably Eastern time but flexible for right candidate)
- Culture: High-Performance but Humble (no jerks) that Creates Space for Deep Work
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Who is This Opportunity Perfect For?
This is the perfect opportunity for a PERFECTIONISTIC digital marketer who loves rolling up their sleeves, thrives on new technologies, aggregating data into reports, developing creative split-tests and who has an unstoppable drive for excellence, not to mention…
If you’re drowning in the corporate or agency world, suffocating from lack of clarity, incessant scope creep, micromanaging bosses who refuse creative split-testing, endless meetings, constant interruptions and no respect for the quiet time you need to actually get work done, this is your opportunity to simplify and go deep – to pour your heart and soul into ONE big opportunity… and scale it like never before.
Or, if you’ve tried the freelance thing, but found it challenging or simply not fun doing the sales and marketing piece to land new clients so you could provide yourself or your family with a steady income, this is your opportunity to find a long-term home with an organization who cares and who will constantly put fun, meaningful and challenging projects on your plate to keep things exciting and interesting.
Or, if you’ve been at a fast-growing start-up, but they haven’t turned the corner and learned how to grow without the stress, how to deliver results without working past 5 p.m., how to not burn the candle at both ends … this is your opportunity to take back control, live life under your own terms and design a lifestyle that brings you joy, happiness and satisfaction.
Regardless of your situation, whether you prefer to work in the quiet of your own home, sipping a delicious cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop, or outside enjoying the sunshine on a bright, beautiful day… AND you are a humble, high-performing individual who would THRIVE in this type of environment, then please KEEP READING, as we can’t wait to meet you.
This opportunity is suited only for a high-performing individual with an integrative mindset and proven ability to get things done cleanly and on time. The ideal person is comfortable being hands-on in all facets of the email campaign management cycle.
Who Are We and What’s the Company’s Background?
Metabolic Living’s mission is to empower people to thrive EVERY day so they can enjoy life to the fullest. And our vision is to do this by making our metabolism-first lifestyle become the worldwide standard for healthy living. It’s a flexible, fun lifestyle that’s 100% focused on delivering the results that matter: feeling your best, looking your best and performing your best. In the shortest time possible.
It puts YOU back in control. It helps YOU understand how your body and metabolism works. It empowers YOU to fix your own problems. And because it alleviates the frustration and confusion so many of us experience when trying to fix our health, it makes you want to tell the world about it.
Our goal is to grow into a billion-dollar multi-channel brand that’s distributed via online, mobile and physical retail. For 10 years, we’ve been painstakingly building the products, services, framework, team and culture to make this happen. We have a robust, mature, complete and profitable business model with scalable customer acquisition. And now we’re pushing into a massive new growth phase.
We’ve built a full ecosystem of products that allow someone to live a metabolism-first lifestyle. This includes exercise and nutrition programs, nutraceuticals, functional foods, memberships and coaching programs. We’re launching our mobile app later this year, then will push into offline retail, extend into home-delivered meals and more. But ONE thing at a time, just like we’ve done for 9 years.
Our next major step is rolling out our new Metabolic Living brand and centralized e-commerce website at www.metabolicliving.com, scheduled to be live in Q3 of 2020. We will consolidate into this centralized website our various product-branded microsites.
So why is a metabolism-first lifestyle needed? Because there are record amounts of sick, overweight, tired and depressed people piling up around the world. We’re over-worked, over-stressed, over-fed and full of toxins. And we’re deprived of the sleep, nutrition, movement and relaxation we need to thrive.
Unfortunately, the typical solution of extreme dieting and exercise traps people into a 1-step-forward, 2-steps back vicious cycle that makes them worse off. They bounce from one latest flavor-of-the-month program to the next, never making progress… trapped in a downward spiral of increasing desperation.
And philosophies like Paleo or Vegan, while extremely healthy for some, create a rigid us-vs-them tribal mentality that’s self-limiting. Neither of those philosophies work for all people all the time… or even the same person all the time. People differ. Bodies change. If that’s not respected, things will backfire.
The answer? Instead of trying to FIND the perfect program, you need to CREATE their own – one that respects how YOUR body works. And that’s where our metabolism-first framework comes in.
It empowers you with a repeatable, customizable method to optimize your metabolism. Because we’ve found through working with millions of people that a fully optimized metabolism is what delivers the results everyone wants – feeling their best, looking their best and performing their best, EVERY day.
So, instead of fighting against your body and getting inconsistent results with a one-size fits all program or protocol, we teach you to work with your body to enjoy consistent results by building your OWN perfect customized program. One that’s practical, enjoyable and sustainable… and starts working fast.
What Are the Major Objectives and Responsibilities?
- Email Deployment – Assisting in the management of 2 email platforms with an emphasis on A/B testing, campaign execution and HTML development.
- Email Campaign Reporting – We email every day, over 50 Million emails a month and have need for someone who loves working in excel to build accurate daily reports that give us the ability to make decisions that move our email programs forward.
- Email Deliverability Reporting – With all the email we send, maintaining high deliverability is critical to our revenue streams. This position will be responsible for daily reporting on our domain reputation scores, seed list reporting and IP address health.
- Additional Campaign Management – We have recently launched new communications channels including Mobile, Web Push and Face Book Messenger and we will need a highly reliable and detailed oriented individual to manage the day to day execution of these campaigns.
What Key Skills and Experience are Needed:
- 5+ Years Email Management – Experience building and executing campaigns in email platforms such as Epsilon, Bronto, Cheetamail, Maropost or other enterprise grade email system.
- 5+ Years of Experience with HTML and CSS – Responsive coding specific to email deliverability and rendering in multiple devices.
- 3+ Years Data Management and Analysis – Expert in Microsoft Excel with high level knowledge of data reporting practices including VLookups, Pivot Table and spread sheet management.
- Skilled Communication – Ability to communicate with excellent verbal & written skills
- Multi-Tasking – A true love for managing and executing multiple tasks with STRICT attention to detail.
- Flexible – Available during normal ET business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) with occasional off-hour support during critical business events like product launches or special promotions.
What You’ll Enjoy from Us:
- A Curated Team- A very supportive team of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible.
- A Nurturing Culture- A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be.
- A Fantastic Lifestyle– A 100% remote experience that allows you to work from home, enjoy your family, outside interests and passions
- A Robust Benefits Package– Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k + 15 days PTO and additional perks as we add them
If this sounds like a good fit, and you’re excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please fill out our ridiculously long application ASAP… we can’t wait to meet you!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!