Email Marketing Specialist: Part-Time at Matador Network
Location: Anywhere in the world, hours between 9AM to 1PM Central Time
Are you obsessed with the cross section of TRAVEL and marketing — specifically, email marketing? Do you approach crafting email marketing campaigns with a beautiful blend of data driven strategy and big, creative vision? If you answered YES to the above, we want to hear from you!
Our company, Matador Network, is a leading travel media company and lifestyle brand — and we’re hiring an Email Marketing Specialist to help oversee the management of our newsletter list and weekly email send outs. Beyond our passion for travel, Matador values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is actively working to spread these values through the travel industry. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce to elevate and empower a wide array of viewpoints; candidates for this position should fully embrace this mission. You can read more in our statement in support of the Black Travel Alliance.
Things you will be ROCKING:
- Working directly with the Social Media Manager to coordinate on daily, weekly, and monthly newsletter related tasks
- Collaborating with the Social Media Manager on newsletter strategy
- Scheduling weekly newsletters through Mailchimp
- Curating Matador Network articles for inclusion in the newsletter
- Crafting compelling copy for the newsletter and its subject lines
- Monitoring and analyzing email performance on a regular basis and communicating your analysis to the Social Media Manager (along with recommendations for enhancing strategy effectiveness).
- Owning the process of A/B testing subject lines and emails in order to optimize for engagement and conversion
- Managing a monthly email content calendar
- Researching new methods for growing the Matador email list, open rates, and click-through rates
- Working with the Social Media Manager to coordinate inclusion of social media campaigns in weekly newsletter
You’re really good at:
- Crafting engaging and compelling copy
- Solving problems with creativity
- Prioritizing limited time and resources to focus on the projects that matter
- Working efficiently with your time, while still holding great attention for the details
- Learning and understanding new features of online marketing software
- Setting email marketing strategy and seeing the bigger vision for list growth
- 2+ years of experience in communications or a relevant degree in communications or marketing
- 2-3 years of professional experience creating email marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with email marketing trends and best practices
- Solid understanding of email marketing key performance metrics
- A strong command of the English language
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write dynamic, witty, and engaging copy for newsletters in a timely manner
- Experience using Canva, Tailwind, Google Suite, Slack, and Mailchimp (knowledge of a more data-driven, enterprise level email marketing solution is a plus!)
- Relevant experience working on email marketing campaigns
- Proven track record of growing an email list for a brand as well as increasing relevant KPIs for email marketing
- An understanding of Matador’s voice, audience, and brand
- A love for travel, adventure, and people!
Nuts and bolts:
- Hourly independent contractor with monthly compensation
- Role will start at approximately 20 to 25 hours per week and may eventually ramp up to 30 to 35 hours/week.
- Working hours: approximately 9AM to 1PM CT, Monday to Friday
- 100% Remote position (i.e., working from your home office). This is a permanent feature of the job, regardless of the course of the COVID pandemic
Go for it!
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and hourly salary expectations to EmailMarketing@matadornetwork.com. Please put Email Marketing Specialist in the subject line.
Location: US Locations Only
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!