Email Marketing Executive at Car and Classic
Email Marketing Executive – 100% Remote
You’re a proactive marketer with a can-do attitude that wants to make an impact in a fast-growing company. With a track record of optimising and improving email engagement, you’ll be delivering engaging, memorable content to our customers that encourages action.
About the role
You’ll work with our CRM specialist and will be responsible for managing the current email schedule. A data-driven role, you will use key metrics to suggest and implement new strategies to engage our customer base. Supported by a marketing copywriter and designer, you’ll enhance the customer experience and ensure all content is relevant, engaging and gets results.
About us www.carandclassic.com
Car & Classic is one of the largest automotive marketplaces in the world. We’re lucky to have thousands of user generated listings submitted monthly with content gems from James Bond’s Aston DB5 to Elvis Presley’s Cadillac. The site is old, launched in 2005 but under new, VC-backed ownership since 2018 and on an exciting triple-digit growth journey to bring classic vehicle transactions online.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high-performing culture.
Whilst the team is only 100 people now we expect to double over the next 12 months. We’re looking for an Email Marketing Executive that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid-growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally, you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives – we look forward to hearing from you.
Role and responsibilities
- Day-to-day ownership of the email marketing process, including end-to-end co-ordination from planning with relevant stakeholders to briefing Content & Design teams, through to email build, sending using Blueshift, and post-launch review and optimisation
- Data segmentation including considerations for preferences, email A/B test and optimisation
- Deliver weekly email reporting that can draw actionable insights that help continuously optimise performance
- Researching & gathering content
- Market research
- Assisting CRM Specialist with projects
- Propose new campaign or segmentation ideas, ability to think outside the box
- Apply email marketing best practice to your work to maximise deliverability, open rates and conversion rates
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Competitive base salary
- Stock options
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- Flexible working – work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Professional development allowance
- Company paid team retreats
- Income Protection
- Life Cover
- Smart Health
- Generous parental leave
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) & any period of closure over Christmas also paid
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up
- Job requirements
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ marketing experience working on email B2C campaigns.
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing campaigns that drive business results and meet objectives
- Strong experience in using a CDP or CRM platform – like Blueshift, Bloomreach, Braze
- Experience of using CRM and marketing automation
- A self-starter who is highly motivated, confident, focussed, disciplined with a drive to succeed,
- Capable of managing own workload while operating in a highly competitive and pressurised environment while meeting deadlines in accordance with business requirements
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Demonstrable experience in creating and launching email campaigns
- Understanding of personalisation and automation using this
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Degree qualification or relevant 3rd level marketing qualification – desirable
- HTML – desirable
- A passion for automotive
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2021 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2022.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.