CoreAxis – eLearning Copy Editor/QA Specialist
- Contract to permanent
CoreAxis is a virtual company with a flexible work schedule.
- Quickly catch and edit grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors in courses.
- Ensure that all names, places, and organizations are spelled properly.
- Ensure accuracy of facts, dates, and statistics.
- Edit storyboards for clarity and consistency without altering the course content meaning.
- Work closely with learning development team to ensure edits and revisions meet clients’ expectations.
- Consult with project managers, programmers, and instructional designers, as necessary, to ensure that storyboards comply with brand and client standards.
- Test functionality of eLearning projects/online training.
- Use review software for tracking technical issues.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and drive solutions that are within sphere of influence.
- Work closely with the team to develop and/or recommend corrective and preventive measures including creating/updating quality assurance policies and procedures, style guide, QA tracking system, etc.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
Experience & Requirements:
- 3+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of work and education
- Access to a desktop computer/laptop and phone with standard, updated browsers (ex: IE, Chrome, Safari); iPad/tablet a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, including proofreading and editing skills
- Experience with LMS platforms
- Thorough understanding of adult learning principles
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office; comfortable learning new systems/software
- Extensive knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of editing/QA
- Demonstrated skill of succinct communication with executives and senior leaders
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment in a 100% virtual position
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and fixing one’s mistakes
Please note: You will be expected to review an example eLearning course, corresponding storyboard and document all errors as part of the interview process. You MUST have experience within the Learning and Development industry.