EFL Instructor (Remote)
Academic Specialists impact student success daily by leading small group classes and private classes as well as providing feedback on student work. Additionally, Academic Specialists employ their experiences, qualifications, and methods by contributing to curriculum support and thus enhance the overall student experience and efficacy of Open English’s language learning strategy.
Academic Specialists enjoy part-time, hourly schedules and work is done virtually which means most Academic Specialists work from the comfort of their own home. Academic support is needed seven days a week, 24 hours each day, thus, a variety of schedules can be accommodated.
We invite you to visit our Academic Specialist application to learn more about this unique opportunity, and to share your qualifications with our recruitment team
- Complete the Open English certification program and other required training when needed
- Deliver high quality, English language instruction in live group classes, through our learning environment platform (audio/video based). Employ the OE curriculum, online pedagogy and teaching methodology to provide a consistent student experience
- Provide individual feedback to students after each class
- Work collaboratively with academic staff to develop new content and contribute to curriculum projects as and when opportunities arise
- Maintain knowledge of the Open English learning platform, brand, Company policies and goals, internal communication systems, and our students
- Must have prior experience teaching English, preferably as a second language, online experience preferred
- Currently enrolled in or has completed a degree program at an accredited institution of higher education in Linguistics, Education, English, Modern Languages or Literatures, or related field; Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Conversational Spanish and/or Portuguese as a second language is preferred
- TESOL, TEFL, CELTA or equivalent preferred
- General awareness of and ability to apply the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Familiarity with ESL assessments, with the ability to evaluate and create assessments
- Must be able to communicate in English both clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Native English speaker with clear pronunciation
- Must provide ten (10) hours minimum of availability each week (including (five (5) peak time hours)
- Must have a reliable, high-speed (at least 1MB) internet connection
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and an ability to quickly master various online communication and instruction tools especially learning platforms
- Comfortable in a dynamic work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.