Educational Content Writer – Computer Science at Quantic School of Business and Technology
Educational Content Writer – Computer Science (Contract Position)
- United States
Pedago is an education-technology company with a mission to democratize access to high quality education programs and career advancement opportunities. Quantic School of Business and Technology, our accredited international university with students and alumni from 50 states and over 100 countries, offers MBA and Executive MBA degrees, along with other disruptively affordable business and corporate training programs. Quantic combines the best of traditional top MBA programs with the next generation of interactive online learning. Founded by the former CEO and fellow executives of Rosetta Stone, Pedago is a rapidly expanding company seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment with opportunity for growth.
Pedago supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Pedago is looking for a Content Writer to contribute to the creation of courses for adults at the master’s degree level. This is a remote contractor position, paid hourly (10 to 40 hours per week available).
In this role, you will create lesson drafts as part of Quantic School of Business and Technology’s new degree program in Software Design and Engineering. This role involves breaking down complex concepts into their fundamental pieces and weaving them into clever, engaging educational lessons that are easily understood and digested for use in the real world. Successful content creators are self-starters and life-long learners who are detail-oriented, conscientious, manage their time well, and hit their deadlines.
- Research and draft short, witty educational lessons that break difficult concepts into bite-sized chunks.
- Work with full-time writers and editors to ensure lessons are accurate, have sufficient depth, and utilize relevant real-world examples to illustrate major concepts.
- Ask insightful questions and follow efficient research paths to quickly gain a deep understanding of any topic related to computer science.
Other Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Contribute to the development of course outlines.
- Identify reputable sources for content creation.
- During the writing and editing process, verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Consistently meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent communication skills, imagination, and enthusiasm
- Strong analytical writing skills
- Previous education or experience in computer science
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
- 3+ years experience in a technical position
- Familiarity with commonly used programming languages
- Master’s or PhD degree in a technical subject preferred
- Previous teaching experience in technical subjects, including computer science, data science, or mathematics
- Experience designing or delivering curriculum related to computer science topics
- Experience teaching an international audience or international work experience
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!