Education Editor at Red Ventures
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance:
Our team at Red Ventures is looking for an editor to cover the higher education landscape for Grad School Hub and other sites, in support of our mission to help students find the school that best meets their needs.
The editor will pitch, assign, and edit SEO-driven stories to internal and freelance writers for Grad School Hub, assist the team with content planning, and act as a public-facing subject matter expert on higher education. In addition to SEO-driven content on schools and degrees, the editor will also research and write guides and data-centered editorial features.
Candidates must be located in the US and able to work without sponsorship. While our team is primarily based in Charlotte, North Carolina and San Juan, Puerto Rico, we encourage remote applicants as well for this role.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
What You’ll Do:
- Ideate, research, assign, and edit stories about universities and higher education degrees.
- Assist with broad, sitewide content and brand strategy.
- Actively cultivate deeper subject matter expertise with ongoing industry research and networking.
- Work with a large pool of freelancers in addition to our internal writers.
- Act as an expert spokesperson for our sites in interviews with the media.
- Work closely with other teams (SEO, business analysts, etc) to optimize editorial content for organic search and other cross-functional priorities.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience editing, writing, and content planning
- Experience with SEO best practices
- Experience covering education is encouraged but not required
- Experience adhering to in-house style guide
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Research capabilities and knowledge of sourcing standards
- Ability to translate complex topics into clear, concise language
- High attention to detail
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!