Education and Career Advisor at Zeiders Enterprises
Title Education & Career Advisor
CityFT Nationwide (Telework)
Education and Career Advisor – Remote Opportunity (Work from Home)!
Zeiders is an industry leader in military and family support. Our company’s reputation is based on providing top quality service with exceptional, dedicated employees. This approach has earned client confidence and repeat business from satisfied customers. Headquartered in Woodbridge, VA, Zeiders employees support clients worldwide in behavioral health, military family resiliency, work-life education programs, and related services. We seek individuals with strong passion for what we do and our commitment to quality service.
The SECO program offers comprehensive education, career and employment services to all military spouses through: SECO Coaching Services, the MySECO web presence and Military Spouse Hub, the Education, Training and Licensing Component and the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) Component.
Education and Career Advisors provide support to military spouses through the Military OneSource Military Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) Program Contract. These successful individuals connect military spouses with academic and employment opportunities in which they may be qualified through information and referral services delivered through a call center through a telework environment in their home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain readiness in a fast pace call center work environment to support military spouses.
- Receive initial calls from military spouses via a live hand off using call center technology.
- Assist spouses over the phone with information and referral services related to career and education; opportunities for online and distance education and training; consumer awareness tools for school selection and financial assistance package decision making; school admission requirements; as well as the central source of information regarding federal, state and local occupational licenses and credentialing requirements for military spouses in portable occupations and career fields nationwide.
- The successful candidate will receive calls from participants; provide information and referral schedule career consultations for in-depth coaching with a SECO Coach and provide initial recommendations for Spouse Career and Education plans to SECO Coaches for approval using protocols provided by the government.
- Update government provided case management system, client profiles and accounts, and contribute to summarized records of client contacts each time SECO staff are contacted via email or telephone.
- In addition, there may be times when advisors are communicating with clients through incoming live chats
The call center’s hours of operation are Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM EST, and Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST and holidays.
Successful candidate’s specific schedule will be determined by the Advisor Services Lead and may change based on projected call volume and work balance across the team to fulfill the requirements of the contract.
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field AND 4+ years professional work experience in education, career or employment counseling.
- Candidates must have strong technology skills.
- Must have a good approachable personality coupled with impeccable communication skills. Must also be a patient listener with great analytical ability. He or she must be able to understand the needs of the client and provide the required moral support to the individual to make the right career choice.
- Must be able to identify the potential in an individual and mapping the same to an appropriate career or occupation in order to leverage the individual’s skills towards building a successful career.
- All positions that require access to U.S. Government facilities and systems require U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have home internet service with speeds in excess of 3Mb in both directions (upload and download) through a broadband internet service (e.g. Cable, Fios, etc. As opposed to DSL, Satellite, dial-up).
- Preference for candidates with an active certification in one of the following: the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals (NAWPD), the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC).
- Preference for Candidates with experience working in a call center or service operations environment.
- Preference for former Military or Military Spouse or Veteran or Wounded Warrior.
Must have a home office set up. Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!