Editors – Engineering and Technology
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a global team of highly skilled freelance editors who are experts in various academic fields. CACTUS is honoured to be ranked 12th (after a screening of more than 40,000 companies) on FlexJobs’ 2017 list of Top 100 Companies for Remote/Freelance Jobs
We’re currently looking for specialist contractual work-from-home copyeditors and substantive editors. Apply now!
Contractual editors typically devote six to eight hours a day.
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific guidelines and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt your working approach accordingly
- Meet deadlines (which are driven by client deadlines)
Why this is a great opportunity
- You can telecommute from anywhere. You will also have the flexibility to keep your own work hours as long as you meet the deadlines.
- Assured volume of work. You will receive a considerable amount of work, and accordingly, you can be assured of a predictable income from CACTUS each month. You can choose to do from 60,000 words to more than 120,000 words.
- You will develop an understanding of the finer points of editing.
- You will have access to articles on the latest industry trends and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- You will gain an inside view into research carried out worldwide
What you need
- A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in the Engineering and Technology discipline [detailed subject-area list below]
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Cactus Communications has international subsidiaries and offers editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and organizations worldwide.
Please accesss this link: https://tinyurl.com/yavet6h8
*Please note that we are currently not hiring from the State of New York. You could email us your resumes on the email address listed and we will let you know if there are any suitable openings in the future.
Detailed subject-area list:
Engineering and Technology:
- Aeronautical engineering, Automobile engineering, Biomedical engineering, Civil and structural engineering, Control and systems engineering, Industrial and manufacturing engineering, Marine engineering, Mechanical engineering, Other – Engineering and technology, Robotics.