Editorial Lead, Global Social and Editorial at Twitter
Editorial Lead / Global Social & Editorial
- Team: Marketing and Communications
- Location: Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, New York City, Remote US, Detroit, Atlanta
Who we are
The Social team is part of Global Consumer Marketing at Twitter. We are Twitter’s voice in the public conversation. Our mission is to celebrate and elevate the best of what’s happening.
We also start, join, and amplify conversations to help show people the best of what’s on Twitter. We work closely with stakeholders such as Comms, Partners, Product, and executive leadership to help generate positive conversation, usage, and education of Twitter.
What you’ll do
Do you love sports? Are you a gamer at heart? Do you live for crafting the perfect Tweet? Are you obsessed with Twitter?
The ideal candidate answers “yes” to all of the above.
You also must know how to manage a team of writers working across various culture verticals, specifically Sports & Gaming, and have a strong talent for providing constructive and actionable feedback. You know what it takes to have a strong voice on Twitter and you know how to make sure that voice is implemented every day and at every touchpoint across different verticals that are intended to reach different audiences.
You have the ability to review Tweets, provide clear and timely feedback, and ensure handles are active and in touch with current conversations and trends. You also are strong at concepting and implementing unique social content and jumping on memes with a unique POV that aligns with voice and audience.
You will be asked on occasion to attend shoots, events, and activations – either to Live Tweet or to help with celebrity content capture or interviewing. So US travel is part of the role. The Editorial Lead oversees the daily writing and approvals for the Conversation Leads (Community Managers), so whilst the office hours are the standard 9-5, occasionally you will be needed out of these hours.
In addition to your daily job as Editorial Lead, you will also need to be a great cross-functional partner, able to work with a variety of teams and stakeholders on a range of projects, including larger cross-functional campaigns.
Because you’ll be approving Tweets from our official brand accounts you must be beyond trustworthy, organized, detail oriented, and responsible. You can assess risk/reward and elevate when necessary. You’re not the kind of person who leaves their phone in a taxi… ever.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong social skills
- A passion for both sports and gaming culture with the ability to speak fluently within both communities
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, expertly, and engagingly across platforms
- A track record for managing social accounts that have a unique voice, a clear vision, and an engaged audience
- Ability to provide clear and concise feedback across a range of topics and audiences
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage people thoughtfully and respectfully
- Ability to liaison between Community Managers and Head of Voice and Editorial
- An obsession with being in front of the conversation and a part of the conversation
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- A creative thinker who loves to brainstorm big, out of the ordinary ideas
Responsibilities will include:
- Review monthly editorial calendars and provide feedback and guidance for Tweet copy, content ideas and on-platform stunt ideas
- Review and provide feedback for brand account replies and community management
- Stay on top of social memes and language, surfacing trends to share with the wider team
- Escalate any issues on the account as you see them and refer them to relevant parts of the company – e.g. Tweets from journalists, urgent customer questions, potential news stories
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in community management, having run social presences for a brand
- 2-3 years experience managing a team of social writers & community managers with a focus on providing timely and clear feedback
- Comprehensive knowledge and deep love for both sports and gaming
- Experience working with a content studio
- Ability to understand and maintain voice & tone across multiple handles
- Understanding of the marketing, media and digital advertising landscape
- Preference for a fast-paced and dynamic environment; track record working across complex cross-functional Team
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail, and comfort offering solutions and clarity where there is ambiguity
- Team-first mentality
- Passion for Twitter and knowledge of how the service works and how marketers use it
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
Twitter’s Global Social & Editorial team manages Twitter’s official social presences across Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and more. We use the handle @Twitter on Twitter to be our voice in the public conversation, as well as our flagship vertical handles to support people’s passions including Music, Gaming, Sports, Movies and more. Together with our stakeholders across the company, we drive breakthrough social campaigns that showcase the best of Twitter.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!