Editorial Director at Wealthsimple
- REMOTE (CANADA/US)
- TECHNICAL TEAMS MARKETING | CREATIVE
- PERMANENT FULL TIME
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We’re the company behind some of Canada’s leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas not ego. We’re looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Wealthsimple Magazine, An Online Money Magazine for People Who Care About More than Money, is the editorial arm Wealthsimple, run by the former longtime Editorial Director of GQ Magazine. It includes the digital magazine, a podcast, special print issues, and several more projects in the pipeline. It features conversations with geniuses and weirdos, help with investing and taxes, and stories that help you understand the big strange money world we live in all told through the lens of money.
This role will help coordinate editorial across all channels magazine, podcast, newsletters, and stuff we have yet to launch to help determine the most interesting projects and direct resources at them. Wealthsimple Magazine is on a mission to be the best financial media enterprise in North America, and this role will be instrumental in making that happen.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Set overall strategy for editorial. What are we making, why, and what does success look like?
- Help determine which channels and projects fit into our strategy and which don’t
- Own relationships with product teams crypto, trade, invest, tax, cash as well as Investment Research, Portfolio Management, and Marketing, to make sure the content we’re creating meets the needs of our business
- Create and launch innovative editorial projects
- Manage podcast, magazine, newsletter and other editorial teams
- Help make awesome content that everyone loves and no one’s done before
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience leading teams and brings 10+ years experience in creative strategy (bonus if it’s editorial in nature)
- Hustles. You’re a self-motivated person who proactively pitches and assigns stories
- Is creative. We don’t just want to do what we’ve already done; you’ll help push us into new territory
- Is obsessive about publishing the most interesting, useful, entertaining and absolutely accurate money content on the planet
- Isn’t necessarily an expert in financial topics, but is down to become one
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!