Editor, Psychiatric Times at MJH Life Sciences
Title: Editor, Psychiatric Times
- Location: United States
- DIVISION: MJH Life Sciences™
- CATEGORY: Editing/Writing
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: For over 20 years, MJH Life Sciences™ has established a reputation for embracing agility and offering relevant, practical information that meets the needs of our diverse audience. As the largest privately-held medical media company in the United States, we provide integrated communication products, services, education, and research to professionals within health care, animal health, and industrial sciences.
The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. We offer our associates countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events, and community involvement.
The Editor for Psychiatric Times coordinates and completes the tasks necessary for the creation of high-quality content for the brand’s print and online publication and projects. This mid-level position assists in planning, writing, and editing articles and multimedia content pertinent to practicing psychiatrists.
- Review, edit, and proof content to ensure audience appropriateness, correct spelling, and grammar, balanced tone, AMA and House style, the peer review process is complete, and appropriate and accurate references
- Ability to lead, manage, and juggle projects in a fast-paced environment while respectively collaborating with relevant teams
- Traffic content from research/inception phase through final draft and publication, including coordination with peer review as needed
- Conduct and edit interviews for videos, podcasts, and written content, including attendance at conferences as needed
- Identify, vet, and respectfully collaborate with subject matter experts and key opinion leaders
- Take the lead in leveraging and analyzing social media to promote content
- Use the content management system to post and update online content
- Use tools to prepare and proof print content
- Stay up-to-date on trends and news in the field of psychiatry by reviewing new research, meeting abstracts, and other sources, and maintaining relationships with KOLs
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences communications, medical journalism/publishing, or a related field with 3 – 5 years relevant work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of the language, terminology, and nuances of psychiatry or the curiosity and interest to learn quickly.
- Excellent organizational skills with sharp attention to detail and ability to pivot as needed.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
- Comfort with AMA style and clinical content.
- Familiarity with content management and publishing systems, medical literature databases (PubMed etc.), and social media, and Google analytics and SEO strategies a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite.
EOE STATEMENTMJH Life Sciences™ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Life Sciences™ are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!