Editor and Proofreader of Interactive Academic Content
- Content Development
Mindojo, developing intelligent educational technology and operating on behalf of Bloomberg LP and The Economist, is looking for a talented Editor and Proofreader of Interactive Academic Content (full/part-time).
The courses we’ve launched, preparing candidates for the CFA, GMAT and GRE exams, have quickly become popular and the most powerful online prep options in the market, with astonishing student outcomes of both exam results and time savings. We expect similar success with our upcoming courses.
You will join a brilliant team of editorial and content experts. You will review and proofread our authors’ content and contribute to the overall course quality and pedagogical guidelines. After the course launches, you will utilize students’ learning data (via smart suggestions provided by our platform) and other types of feedback, to evolve the content toward unprecedented levels of efficacy.
We’d like to hear from a candidate who has:
- At least 3 years experience as an editor or proofreader
- Bachelor’s degree in English, or similar qualification
- Proven ability to edit content for clarity, grammar, punctuation, and overall presentation
- Proven ability to adapt to and implement custom house guidelines and style
- Experience working with short turnarounds while maintaining high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Solid organizational skills and self-motivation to successfully meet deadlines.
- Perfect written and verbal English.
- At least 10 hrs/week to work with us (20+ hrs preferred)
- Experience in editing and proofreading educational and/or scientific content with formulas, data tables, graphs, etc.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll first thoroughly study our content authoring guidelines, according to which our authors are producing sophisticated, interactive lessons and questions.
- You’ll be responsible for proofreading the content that you review, and directly fix all spelling, grammar, and general phrasing issues
- You’ll send feedback to authors on all divergences from the guidelines.
- You’ll recommend new guidelines that we should adopt—based on the surprising new issues that will inevitably arise.
- You’ll directly discuss with an author some issue that you’ve come across and are unsure how you should handle it.
- You’ll need to verify that all the feedback you sent to an author has been properly addressed, before signing off on the content to be published.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with significant bonuses based on the quality and productivity of your work.
- An energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly team of colleagues.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home/anywhere.