Editor – Proofreader at Visa Business Plans
Fast growing company is looking to hire an experienced and extremely meticulous proofreader/editor. We are looking for an individual that is conscious about the impact a misplaced comma can have in a narrative and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure his/her work is perfect at all times.
- Write, edit, and proofread business deliverables coherently in English.
- Native English speaker
- Must be able to follow instructions and check his/her work to make sure it complies with unique set of guidelines.
- Must have the ability to manipulate small pieces of data with accuracy and focus
- Must guarantee perfect submissions. Work must be error-free at all times.
- Must be able to work with little to no supervision
- Must analyze and carefully review briefs to make sure deliverables mirror clients’ wants and needs
- Must be able to work under pressure and under same day or 24-hour deadlines
- Must be extremely detail-oriented as attention to detail is KEY for this position
- Be reliable and available when needed
- Have Excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Proven track record in editing and proofreading business deliverables.
- Demonstrate high-order interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Be enterprising, diplomatic, and proactive at solving problems.
- Must have the capability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet very strict deadlines while maintaining quality, accuracy and professional demeanor.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service and team- oriented, collaborative management.
- Basic understanding of written Spanish and written Portuguese OR willingness to use translation tools online. Editor/Proofreader must proofread, edit, and revise deliverables in English, however, many of the clients’ notes will be provided in Spanish or Portuguese.
- This is a position for a 1099, with a steady workflow guaranteed every week.
- Compensation: $20/hour. After 6 months of working at our company, performance will be reviewed and a pay raise may be offered.
- To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, CV and a sample of your work (business writing only, please).
- At least 1 year
Required to Telecommute.
- ***Candidates will be tested on all skills required for this job. Background/drug checks will be conducted and references checked prior to making any work offers***