Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a global team of highly skilled freelance editors who are experts in various academic fields. Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
We’re currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors.
Why this is a great opportunity for those searching for freelance editing jobs
- Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
- Additional fees of up to 20%
- No need to relocate
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
What you need
- A PhD/Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in one or more specialized subject areas in physical sciences, computer sciences and engineering.
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Detailed subject-area list
- Physical sciences: Engineering (all disciplines), Robotics, Automobile Engineering, Controls and Systems, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communication, Environmental Science, Energy, Indoor Air Quality, Nuclear Physics, Analytical Chemistry, Physical/ Computational Chemistry, General Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Nanochemistry, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Alloys, Nanomaterials, Ceramics/Glass, Materials Engineering, Engineering Geology, Ceramics, Glass, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics, Mineralogy, Remote Sensing, Climate Science, Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, Paleontology, Geodesy, Earth Sciences
At CACTUS, we believe that diversity enriches us. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to offering work opportunities regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity/expression, or sexual orientation.