Editor-at-Large at Endeavor Business Media
The Mission: Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor’s mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi- channel formats that today’s industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in-person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
The Team: Endeavor places a high importance on its data-driven core values of accountability, continuous improvement and being passionate about value creation in an environment that maintains minimal politics, directional clarity, high productivity, and low turnover among good people. These values are adopted at all levels of the company across every sphere and give the company its operational advantage. Our departments and operating businesses have autonomy and place a high value on meritocracy, with a commitment to providing individuals with opportunities for growth and development.
Endeavor Business Media has an immediate opening for an experienced, innovation-minded editor to define and drive an exciting new multi-brand, cross-industry content initiative. In this role, the editor-at-large will collaborate closely with EBM’s full editorial staff to identify, develop and distribute digital content covering some of today’s most dynamic business topics. The position is ideal for editors ready for something different—an opportunity to break down silos and escape from the traditional beat discipline of B2B media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Curate organic content into powerful and engaging daily/weekly/bi-weekly newsletters
- Identify and develop enterprise stories across 4-5 key topic areas
- Develop rich multi-media content to support partner brands
- Report on major research and news
- Develop close ties and collaboration channels with EBM editors
- Spot new opportunities for content, coverage and research within each partner brand
- Develop an independent voice and reputation in markets served
Requirements and skills
- Firm understanding of e-newsletter best practices and reader engagement techniques
- An enterprising mindset with an eagerness to define a new path
- Team-first approach and ability to toggle between topics, tasks and brands
- Ability to quickly master new markets and spot trends within them
- Unrivaled ability to engage and inform digital readers
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in business writing or equivalent experience on industrial B2B brands a bonus
To all current EBM employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listings.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please complete our online application and send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.