Editor at Aha Media Group
Our editors occupy a strategic client-facing role on our projects. They ensure the quality of all content delivered to our clients, and they coach and support our writers, helping them produce content that’s aligned with the client’s goals. We are currently expanding our team of part-time, freelance editors.
- These positions are 100% telework.
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Have at least 35 years of experience editing content for online use (websites, blogs, case studies and eBooks). You must be prepared to ensure that content is readable, relevant and follows digital content best practices.
- Have a strong portfolio of digital healthcare marketing content you have written or edited. Our specialty is healthcare, but additional experience in other complex industries is a bonus (insurance, financial services, etc.).
- Edit content to reflect plain language. The hallmark of our writers and editors is the ability to take a complex topic and make it understandable and compelling. Must have ability to translate medical speak (including conditions & procedures) into plain, compassionate language suitable for a patient audience.
- Know how to apply SEO best practices to content. Our clients trust us to optimize their content for findability and overall performance in search.
- Be practiced, comfortable and kind with critiquing and coaching writers. We rely on our editors to guide and mentor writers, enabling them to produce their best possible work.
- Be able to find your way with an information architecture (IA)/sitemap. You need not be an information architect, but you must be able to review and validate the writer’s proposed informational structure based on the overall vision, goals and scope of the content.
- Ensure editorial excellence. You provide the quality check on all project content, ensuring adherence to style guides, factual and grammatical accuracy, and use of plain language to render complex topics clear and compelling.
- (For extra credit) Have video script writing experience. This would increase your relevance across the breadth of our projects!
- Be a US citizen and resident.
- Be a full-time freelancer. The ideal candidate will not be employed full-time. Must be available during standard business hours, as needed.
We establish long-term relationships with our freelancers where we invest in each other. Working for Aha isn’t your standard freelance gig it’s so much more than that!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!