eCommerce Merchandising Manager
Location: Benton Harbor, MI, US, 49022
Requisition ID: 33713
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of the world’s leading major home appliance company.
eCommerce Merchandising Manager, Gladiator
Seeking a strategic, analytical and results-driven e-commerce professional. In this key role you will drive the Direct to Consumer results of the Gladiator storage and organization business thru owned website, closed community, other D2C opportunities. This role will also be a thought leader and change agent in the implementation of conversion driving eCommerce initiatives/capabilities across trade customers. This role is based at our Global Headquarters in Benton Harbor, MI, though a remote option may be considered for an exceptional candidate.
This role will be responsible for the ideation, planning, prioritization, and implementation of conversion driving eCommerce initiatives. This person will improve site performance through research and in depth understanding of the consumer, reporting/analysis, testing and optimization.
The D2C eCommerce Manager will partner cross functionally to ensure alignment to the optimization plan and will drive execution partnering with other groups and suppliers as needed.
This position requires a structured thinker with strong leadership, analytical and e-commerce data-analysis skills. The right candidate can deliver high level thinking to maintain focus on our long term strategy but is also able to create and execute highly impactful promotional campaigns and assortment actions.
- Manage the day-to-day D2C operations and implement prioritized tactics to maximize sales and profitability
- Manage and optimize site experiences, landing pages, call-to-action (CTAs), and other key conversion flows to efficiently drive conversion growth
- Partner with cross-functional teams on the website experience, balancing eCommerce initiatives and goals with those of other functions (such as brand, IT, customer support, supply chain, legal, etc)
- Measure, analyze and track marketing investments and digital agency work across all shopping platforms (including Amazon, Google Shopping, GladiatorGW.com, etc); execute actions to close gaps vs. forecast and other KPIs
- Ensure proper alignment in promotions, advertising, placements, and assortments on various platforms
- Business lead and product owner for prioritization and implementation of defect resolution, website enhancements, site maintenance, and personalization to drive overall profit lift, partnering with other groups as needed
- Work with partners (internal and external) to exploit existing creative or build new content to drive conversion aligned with Gladiator’s promotional plan
- Work with marketing team to optimize and lead improvements of product listings on various third party platforms (description, image, reviews, pricing, product specs, search performance, etc.)
- Use qualitative and quantitative sources of data, partnering with the analytics and insights teams as needed, to develop and execute conversion rate optimization strategy and testing plan. Drive a deep understanding and empathy for the consumer
- Execute optimization testing (usability, A/B, MVT, etc) through agency partners or independently as needed
- Ensure that budget across our direct to consumer channels is being executed according to the strategy
- Represent values of Whirlpool’s culture of respect, integrity, diversity, and teamwork
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years total experience in eCommerce merchandising or marketing
- Prior experience developing or leading direct-to-consumer websites or enhancements
- Experience driving traffic and executing marketing campaigns to increase revenue
- Degree in Marketing or Business
- Experience working with or marketing a premium consumer goods brand
- Effective communication across multi-functional teams
- Prior experience with Amazon or other marketplace platforms
- Experience using vendor data analysis tools to measure e-commerce strategy success and use a data-driven approach to make decisions
- Experience with setting strategic goals and measurement of outcomes
- Highly developed business acumen to set priorities and to execute
- Resilience to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.