Ecommerce Merchandising Director at Spiraledge
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Who we are
Spiraledge is a collection of companies focused on health and wellness and is the parent company of fast growing e‐commerce sites SwimOutlet.com & YogaOutlet.com. Both SwimOutlet.com and YogaOutlet.com have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company. We are a fully remote team, with headquarters previously in Campbell, California.
SwimOutlet is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach and surf!
YogaOutlet is the fastest growing multi-branded online yoga retailer, offering a broad selection of yoga brands and yoga-inspired products to all levels of yogis and fitness enthusiasts.
Merchandising Director, SwimOutlet & YogaOutlet
The Merchandising Director is a critical leader in shaping the customer site experience, overseeing visual merchandising, content strategy, site functionality, brand campaign planning and flawless execution of all. They’ll drive impact, improvement and innovation to create a seamless and fresh online shopping experience strategically designed to grow the SwimOutlet and YogaOutlet businesses.
The perfect candidate is a visionary who understands how customers shop online and is constantly looking for ways to differentiate us from the competition, driving new and enhanced functionality to make the shopping experience easy, convenient and enjoyable. They focus relentlessly on the customer experience, thrive on making impactful data driven decisions and have the business acumen to translate complex data into quantifiable actionable improvements. As a leader, they create trust quickly and are an excellent mentor, motivator and collaborator, embedding operational excellence into the culture and are never hesitant to jump in and coach cross functionally.
What you will do
- Become an invaluable strategic partner to internal stakeholders – You’ll advise on and partner with various internal teams to improve processes, identify opportunities, and scale best practice and governance, driving continual assessment and improvement of the site’s strategic direction and execution.
- Direct and manage the Site Catalogs, Site Experience, Content, Site Assets and Customer Experience
- Direct and lead the the Planning and Processes of Key Promotional and Merchandising Strategies
- Lead, direct and manage the Merchandising team to create and tell a cohesive story, create a seamless customer journey, oversee visual site merchandising and content strategy, campaigns, site functionality including navigation, hierarchy, search and browse, etc., new product on-boarding and more.
- Work at the strategic level (using customer behavior to generate bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (optimizing campaigns with merchandising tools, analyzing traffic data and solving problems).
- Strategically make heavy use of data to drive decisions across the organization; tactically roll up their sleeves to create and generate reports to pull the data themself as needed.
- Build and execute plans to make tangible, measurable and important improvements to the customer experience.
- Improve current systems further and implement new systems and technology.
- An expert in creating test and learning plans to improve performance; leads the team and cross functional partners (ex: Product Management, AB Testing, Marketing, Creative) teams to execute and measure appropriately.
- Partner and work closely with cross functional partners (category managers & marketing), create/own the strategy and production of on-site merchandising events (e.g. Black Friday) and seasonal promotions.
- Collaborate with UX, Product and Development teams in building requirements to enable great customer experiences. This includes needed new features in templates, site enhancements, navigational elements, product discovery, etc.
- Direct the activities of the Merchandising team and manage the team to achieve KPI-driven goals.
- Co-manage the product photography budget and content development budget.
Who you are and have
- 8 years of related experience in ecommerce and site merchandising.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
- Experience working in the Swimwear, Apparel and Athleisure industries.
- Experience in swimming and yoga activities are preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Spiraledge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!