Dutch-speaking Marketing Editor/Proof-reader
Who are Wonderbly?
Wonderbly is a unique, award-winning start-up that lives on the intersection of storytelling, engineering, digital and print. We are building a global personal-publishing business that brings millions of people into our products – as co-creators and audiences We are best known for our first title, Lost My Name, which is read by over 4 million children and their families globally. We are releasing a new title every few months and now have 18 books in our range.
Our focus in the near future is with the children’s book market – creating stunning, uncompromisingly high quality and technically ambitious personalised books for kids.
We’re in the business of sparking kids’ imaginations; inspiring them to read & to learn as well as build confidence and self-belief. May 2019 sees a relaunch of our website and material to back up that positioning.
About the role
- 2-4 hours per week
- Remote – good internet connection required
- Start ASAP
- £25/€29 per hour
Wonderbly is looking for wonderful Dutch-speaking editors/proof-readers, who can work closely with our copywriters to ensure the highest standard content for our international markets.
It’s our editor’s job to ensure that the copy we use across all our comms to customers is on brand, appropriately localised and free of errors.
It’s a chance to help to create humorous, lively and all-around-fun copy for a company that is dedicated to making children more clever, curious and kind (and making them laugh, too).
What you will do
The role is to edit/proof-read content written by our marketing copywriters. The proofing is to ensure there are no errors in the copy but also to feedback on the quality and content of what is written.
Whilst our copywriters generally retain the final call on what is written, our editors offer support in ideas on how to improve the copy and ensure that it is suitable for the audience in that particular market.
We expect our copywriters and editors to work in quite a collaborative way but are flexible in what this means for each language team.
All of the content is for marketing, brand and editorial purposes across our website and digital marketing channels. Therefore having an editor with experience working with e-commerce brands and with an understanding of paid marketing channels such as Facebook and PPC is a huge benefit.
In addition to this, our editors should, of course, know their market extremely well – preferably from the view point of digital marketing.
The three main kinds of content that you’ll be working on are…
- As an e-commerce company, our website is our shop and needs to communicate who we are and what we do. Our tone of voice is important to us, and should be consistently upheld across the website.
- At the same time, each locale should have a tailor fit approach to give our customers the best possible experience, no matter where they live. In addition, the purchase journey should be as smooth as possible – enabling customers to make a pain free purchase and leave them wanting to come back again and again!
- Paid marketing + Email
- We tell our audiences about our books across performance marketing channels such as Facebook and PPC/Google Search. The ideal candidate would have experience editing for a similar brand across digital marketing platforms – and have knowledge of the markets in order to successfully cover relevant keywords and messaging, as well as bringing ideas for fresh content. In addition, we regularly communicate with our customers via email to let them know about product releases, editorial blog content and our trade events. The tone across all of these needs to remain consistent and on brand – written to entice and entertain our existing customers.
- Trade Events
- Alongside launching new products, one of our biggest areas of new copy each month is for trade events. These are one-off campaigns we run around a specific theme, for example, World Book Day or Summer Reading. These events usually mean a promotion that is run onsite and via email. We update the website to revolve around this theme so we have updates to copy on the website, email and across social media.
- Editorial content
- Finally, we also like to regularly post longer form editorial blog content such as craft activities or listicle posts which summarise the uniqueness of our products. This content aims to engage our audience and is a softer approach to increasing brand awareness – so calls for a slightly different style and tone.
* This is not an exhaustive list of the content that may require editing but summarises the main areas of copy
- Minimum 4 years mid-level experience in the specified language
- Demonstrable skills editing or writing across all digital media – including Facebook ads and social media posts, blog entries etc.
- Experience writing or editing content for the children’s gift/book market an advantage
- Whilst not necessary an understanding of what parents are looking for – potentially a parent, aunt/uncle, grandparent!
- Flexibility with part-time work and able to work remotely (so a good internet connection is essential)
- A good team worker and happy to communicate mostly via email and occasional video calls