We make open source software that helps developers build great applications, which is why having excellent documentation is so important at Apollo. Every day, tens of thousands of developers worldwide rely on our docs, blog posts, and tutorials to understand our platform. Your work will have a huge impact on how we help developers build apps with Apollo.
We’re looking for a documentation lead to ensure that our users who read our content have an excellent experience. You’ll accomplish that goal by working closely with developers across the company to plan, structure, and execute high-quality docs, blog posts, and tutorials. At Apollo, we value empathy and kindness, so you’ll also be soliciting feedback from our users to understand how we can solve their pain points.
What You’ll Do
- Documentation — Collaborate with our developers and community members to plan, structure, edit, and ship high-quality, technically accurate docs for the Apollo platform
- Product management — Own the quality of Apollo’s docs and identify areas for improvement by gathering data from analytics, card sorting exercises, and user interviews
- User feedback — Lead the initiative to implement a user feedback system on the Apollo docs and use it to measure the effectiveness of your work
- Mentorship — Teach developers how to write clear, concise docs and help instill a documentarian culture at Apollo
- Developer content — Be the point person for reviewing developer content, including blog posts, tutorials, and whitepapers, while providing actionable feedback to the authors
- You have a clear, concise communication style and excellent writing ability. You’re a skilled wordsmith who can make content come alive.
- You have a product-focused mindset when it comes to managing documentation, and you track the effectiveness of your work through page views, bounce rates, and NPS scores.
- You’ve done technical writing before and know what great open source documentation for developers looks like. You’re ready to take the next step leading technical writing at Apollo.
- You enjoy collaborating with developers to ensure your work is technically accurate and are excited about empowering them to write better documentation.
- You’re empathetic. You understand how developers consume documentation and what their pain points are. You listen to our users and go the extra mile to help them succeed.
- You value high production quality and deliver finished, polished work.
This position can be done from anywhere in the world.