Diversity and Inclusion Manager at Olo
Diversity and Inclusion Manager
- REMOTE OR NYC
- PEOPLE + CULTURE – PEOPLE OPERATIONS
We are looking for a Diversity + Inclusion Program Manager to partner with the Sr. Director of Employee Engagement to lead the planning and execution of the Diversity and Inclusion (D+I) strategy for Olo. This highly visible role will create plans for engaging stakeholders, building communication plans, and identify and track key milestones and deliverables for the D+I roadmap. The candidate will be keenly aware of external trends and have the ability to translate the applicability to Olo and our business objectives. The D+I Program Manager will facilitate the D+I committee and Employee Resource Group (ERG) program and serve as an advocate and influencer for initiatives that drive inclusion and foster a more diverse workplace.
This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of Employee Engagement and is an amazing opportunity for a self-starter and passionate D+I leader to help create an even more inclusive and diverse company.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Research and advise on diversity and inclusion topics and orchestrate programs, training, and events that further the D+I strategy while aligning with business objectives.
- Track report metrics against program milestones; work with approved partners to track organizational demographics and trends.
- Support and guide the recruitment team to help create a brand that appeals to diverse applicants and removes bias.
- Identify external trends and recognize best practices which will increase diversity among the workforce.
- Lead the Employee Resource Group program as well as the Diversity Committees.
- Prepare and build relationships throughout the workforce by sharing diversity and inclusion concepts, training and communications.
- Drive the planning and facilitation of Diversity and Inclusion communications, stories, observances and events in partnership with Sr. Director of Employee Engagement.
- Partner with key stakeholders and members of the leadership team to ensure consistency with strategic plans related to Diversity and Inclusion.
- Drive enthusiasm in the workforce by creating opportunities for team members to celebrate their identities and experiences.
- Partner with the P+C and Legal teams to review the organization’s workplace, policies and procedures, ensuring that they are inclusive and void of bias.
- Build relationships with diversity-related businesses to drive benchmarking opportunities that enhance and improve the Olo’s brand.
- Provide materials for P+C Leadership and aid in preparing materials for quarterly board meetings.
- Develop and manage routines for sharing and reviewing progress against the strategic roadmap, demographics, trends and new programs.
- Maintain all documents of record related to strategy, roadmap, milestones and accomplishments within Inclusion + Diversity.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in Human Resources or Organizational Effectiveness preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources with an emphasis in D+I program management and business partnership.
- SHRM certification is a plus.
- Diversity and Inclusion certificate a plus.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong planning and organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to influence without authority and drive enthusiasm.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://s3.amazonaws.com/remoteco/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/20181918/food_and_agriculture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients’ menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://s3.amazonaws.com/remoteco/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/20181918/food_and_agriculture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!