Dissertation Editor and Tutor
Saybrook University is seeking a Dissertation Editor and Tutor to join its Center for Writing and Dissertation Excellence.
Under the direction of the Director of the Center for Writing and Dissertation Excellence, the Dissertation Editor and Tutor is responsible for reviewing and editing dissertations for ProQuest submission and finalization, and assisting students one-on-one with their writing.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Dissertation Editor and Tutor position duties primarily include but are not limited to timely review of large documents, editing and proofreading for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and APA format, and coordinating both with Ph.D. candidates and the Saybrook Registrar. This position will use technology such as Microsoft Word, e-mail, and peer-to-peer video platforms. Secondary duties include tutoring, creating tutorial documents, gathering data, creating databases, reviewing scholarship, annotating scholarship, and writing case studies/reports about completed tutoring sessions. For these secondary duties, the position will use learning management systems to facilitate tutoring.
- Master’s degree; terminal degree preferred.
- Expertise with APA Format and Microsoft Word
- Dissertation Editors and Tutors must have competent graduate-level reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Prior experience with Saybrook University Handbook of Format and Style for Dissertations, Theses, Projects, and Capstones.
- Prior editorial experience with dissertations/theses.
- Prior experience tutoring and working with students remotely.