Dissertation Chair – Psychology at Grand Canyon University - GCU
Dissertation Chair – Psychology – Online – College of Doctoral Studies
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Doctoral Studies , which offers programs tailored towards the interests of our students, including: Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership, Doctor of Business Administration , and Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology. Specializations are offered that respond to the needs of a global society.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and dissertation quality, and guiding doctoral learners successfully through the dissertation research processes. The main responsibilities include the following:
- Manage dissertation committee members and methodologists
- Provide scholarly oversight to doctoral learners in accordance to GCU required dissertation processes and procedures
- Support peer review processes and procedures for doctoral learners to produce quality dissertations
- Maintain records and updates as required by the college for each learner using the dissertation management systems and GCU learning management system
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Psychology or related field. Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Dissertation chair or committee experience.
- Experience teaching graduate level research methods or statistics (qualitative or quantitative) coursework.
- At least 3 years of progressive professional experience /demonstrated expertise through scholarly research as an academic or professional researcher (minimum: research project or program design and evaluation or secondary data analysis or primary data collection and analysis).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!