Discovery Consolidation Manager
Job Locations: US-Remote / Home Office / Virtual Office
Req ID: 2019-5295
Industry: Federal Systems
Travel Percentage: 50%-75%
Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Discovery Consolidation Manager to join our team and begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Role responsibilities are:
- Develops, defines and executes various IT system project plans and documents, schedules, budgets and deliverables on various sized engagements, projects and/or sub-projects.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, and defines and assigns major project roles.
- Monitors the Onboarding activities for products/programs/projects/services from initiation through delivery, interfacing with external customers or field-based employees on technical matters, as needed.
- Guides the projects through the ITIL life cycle of Strategy and Scoping, Design, Transition, and Operations.
- Assigns and monitors work of project/program management staff, providing technical support and direction.
- Builds and maintains high team morale, positively cascades all organizational communications.
- Brings together cross-functional team members and fosters a collaborative approach to delivery.
- Resolves conflict by addressing issues between others before it escalates and impedes the achievement of project outcomes.
- Collaborates with other managers on resourcing to avoid conflicts with other projects.
- Continually assesses project team capabilities against the demands placed on it.
- Approaches people directly and openly, but discreetly, over poor performance.
- Considers the ideas and opinions of others but accepts responsibility for the final decision without excuse.
- Manages changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan;
- facilitates client acceptance of the scope change.
- Coordinates the assessment of the impact that the change will have on people, processes, and systems and develops and adapts these areas to support the change.
- Understands the implications of changes internally and externally to the project and acts to ensure that it is aligned with these changes.
- Documents risks, assumptions, and constraints using historical data and expert judgment in order to understand project limitations.
- Implements actions required to avoid or mitigate project risk events to minimize the impact of the risks on the overall project.
- Anticipates and manages risks associated with change through appropriate contingency planning.
Monitor and Control Project Work:
- Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identifies and quantifies any variances, performs any required corrective actions, and communicates to all stakeholders.
- Adjusts schedules to accommodate changing requirements within established deadlines.
- Demonstrates creativity when developing solutions considering the long-term impact.
- Handles multiple priorities by effectively prioritizing based on importance and impact.
- Manages all aspects to ensure smooth operational hand-over on completion of the project.
- Ensures a common understanding by setting expectations using project plans an documents to align the stakeholders and team members and to ensure team buy-in.
- Selects the most effective type and medium for communicating message, communicating in person wherever possible.
- Communicates a sense of urgency when dealing with client issues.
- Clearly articulates the connection between the client’s business issues and appropriate technology solutions.
- Actively manages ongoing stakeholder expectations and ensures they are consistent with deliverables.
- Attains expected outcomes of change.
- Provides client satisfaction at or above benchmark.
- Delivers consistently high value, “client ready” work with minimum supervision.
- Achieves the baseline metrics for assigned project(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 10 years of related experience or equivalent.
- Three years of experience desired in managing medium complexity projects, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Air Force Staff Officer, or Senior NCO, experience at the Brigade or Division level or higher is a plus.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously. Skills required include: good verbal and written communication skills, good people skills, ability to train and develop staff, and ability to work in a time-sensitive environment.
- Must be a detail oriented self-starter who is comfortable working with limited guidance and direction and taking the initiative to bring the project to its successful completion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Project and Visio
- ITIL, PMP certifications are a plus.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Background checks required.
- DOD Secret Clearance required.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.